Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Double Cash

Hello, a long story short I defaulted on credit card with Citi back in 2007. Never paid them back and I have learned from my mistakes. A long recovery. For the last couple years I check the pre qualified site but of course no offers even though I continue to get offers in the mail for double cash and advantage card on regular basis. Well I did not check it for a while until today and to my surpise the pre qualified site offered me the double cash card. My scores are 698 tu, 684 eq, ex 680 ,12 inquiries for each report but none in past 3 or 4 months. Student loans are current since I am still in school. So my question is now it finally says pre qualified does it seem to be legit and a go despite my past history from nealry 9 years ago. My collections have been off my reports since last year as well.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Double Cash

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, a long story short I defaulted on credit card with Citi back in 2007. Never paid them back and I have learned from my mistakes. A long recovery. For the last couple years I check the pre qualified site but of course no offers even though I continue to get offers in the mail for double cash and advantage card on regular basis. Well I did not check it for a while until today and to my surpise the pre qualified site offered me the double cash card. My scores are 698 tu, 684 eq, ex 680 ,12 inquiries for each report but none in past 3 or 4 months. Student loans are current since I am still in school. So my question is now it finally says pre qualified does it seem to be legit and a go despite my past history from nealry 9 years ago. My collections have been off my reports since last year as well.

They're pre approval site is generally pretty good. While no guarantee of an approval, it might be a good reason to try to see if they have forgiven you.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck! I burned them in 2008 and was approved for a Double Cash. 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

cool thanks.so you burned them in 2008? did you pay them back or default completelty and how long did you wait to apply? were you preapproved or was it a cold app online or over the phone?

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

which report do they pull?

Message 5 of 11
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

which report do they pull?

Like Chase, they double pull - EQ and EX 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

experian or equifax. sometimes both.

i got the DC with scores below yours back in july. 0 for 18 months then 13.99% apr.

what apr is it showing you and what deferred interest? i found my deals got better and better by mail, the more i checked online for prequal offers. I suggest u try the same.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

the prequalified offer online is 0% intro apr for 15 months and after that variable apr 22%. The mail offer I keep getting for double cash card is a preselected offer which is diffrent than the prequalified offer. It is 0% apr for 9 months and after that its 22.99%apr therafter

Message 8 of 11
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

the prequalified offer online is 0% intro apr for 15 months and after that variable apr 22%. The mail offer I keep getting for double cash card is a preselected offer which is diffrent than the prequalified offer. It is 0% apr for 9 months and after that its 22.99%apr therafter

The Citi on-line prequal is a good resource. I watched it for months this year, it would come in with the lowest APR, then go away to a range for a time, then came back with the lowest APR again, which I took for the AAdvantage card in July thinking the 50k miles was expiring. The public offer did indeed go to 30k miles, but I keep getting the AAdvantage card with lowest APR and 50,000 miles offer, even now when I check.

You can try for the DC now, but I'd suggest continuing to work on your file, and see if the offered APR drops a bit. That will be a better indication of your chances of success, and may also translate into a higher SL than right now.

But regardless, DO use the on-line prequalification tool, then when you are ready, and the prequal comes up with a specific offer, continue on through to the app.

Good luck!

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi prequal is good, try it and let us know what happens. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.