Citi Double Cash

tag
ronstar7
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@ronstar7 wrote:
Hello everyone!

So excited I received my first pre select from a major bank. Now I'm in the garden, one of the cards I wanted was the Citi Double Cash card. Came home and saw the envelope. My reports are frozen and have been for quite some time now. Just for kicks however I opted in a few weeks ago to see if it might trigger some preapprovals. Today i saw it, has a specific apr not a range of apr's and the credit screening message on the bottom of the letter. I am in NY, do you know who they pull so I can unfreeze IF I choose to apply. Utl is 0, 1 baddie from 2011 which I'm sure hey saw since they soft pulled me and that's it. Scores in siggy are accurate as of today true ficos. But I thought you can't get preapprovals if your reports are frozen? Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Allowing all of your cards to report with a $0 balance can have a negative impact on your FICO scores.

I rotate, the balance that reports is so small it s show as 0% in comparison to avail credit but yes I know I should always keep something showing. I just recently became debt free that I was just enjoying riding the wave lol

Starting scores after BK (Filed 4/18/24) EQ 571 , TU , EX

Current Scores EQ 571 TU EX Goal 700+ across
UTL
Last Inq:
Message 41 of 43
ronstar7
Established Contributor

@Aahz wrote:

@ronstar7 wrote:

@Aahz wrote:

@ronstar7 wrote:
Hello everyone!

So excited I received my first pre select from a major bank. Now I'm in the garden, one of the cards I wanted was the Citi Double Cash card. Came home and saw the envelope. My reports are frozen and have been for quite some time now. Just for kicks however I opted in a few weeks ago to see if it might trigger some preapprovals. Today i saw it, has a specific apr not a range of apr's and the credit screening message on the bottom of the letter. I am in NY, do you know who they pull so I can unfreeze IF I choose to apply. Utl is 0, 1 baddie from 2011 which I'm sure hey saw since they soft pulled me and that's it. Scores in siggy are accurate as of today true ficos. But I thought you can't get preapprovals if your reports are frozen? Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Opting out/in and freezing your reports are two entirely different things that have zero bearing on each other.

Opting out means that your profile will not be included when lendors request that the CRAs send them "contact information for all consumers who meet these criteria" so they can be sent offers for new loans/credit cards.  Opting in means your data will be included in that data dump.

Freezing your reports means that lendors cannot do a hard pull speficially on your personal credit report to see what it looks like (presumably for the purpose of extending you credit).

I know what they mean I was just providing data points for the purpose of my post. Thanks Smiley Happy

No offense intended, but you did ask "But I thought you can't get preapprovals if your reports are frozen?".  You may have already known that the answer to that question was that freezing has no effect on preapprovals, but hundreds of people will be reading this thread in the future and may not realize that freezing and opting out are completely unrelated and don't interact with each other at all.

Hi there!

None taken, I asked that because a while ago when I first froze my reports I asked if that would stop pre quals from lenders beucase I wasnt receiving an offers via mail or email and the answer I got from users on here was yes it prevents new lenders from softing you. So imagine my surprise when I got the Citit prequal while still frozen. I still dont get it but I dont care either lol. I thought maybe it had something to do with opting back in a few weeks ago. I did it just to see what if anything would happen. So maybe its a ymmv?

Starting scores after BK (Filed 4/18/24) EQ 571 , TU , EX

Current Scores EQ 571 TU EX Goal 700+ across
UTL
Last Inq:
Message 42 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm really glad that I applied for all those credit card below last year. I will have very few hard inquiries by middle of next year. I suggest that you don't apply for credit cards unless you need them. The credit card business is not the consumer's friend. They are literally wolves in sheep's clothing. 

Message 43 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.