Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash

tag
ronstar7
Established Contributor

Citi Double Cash

Hello everyone!

So excited I received my first pre select from a major bank. Now I'm in the garden, one of the cards I wanted was the Citi Double Cash card. Came home and saw the envelope. My reports are frozen and have been for quite some time now. Just for kicks however I opted in a few weeks ago to see if it might trigger some preapprovals. Today i saw it, has a specific apr not a range of apr's and the credit screening message on the bottom of the letter. I am in NY, do you know who they pull so I can unfreeze IF I choose to apply. Utl is 0, 1 baddie from 2011 which I'm sure hey saw since they soft pulled me and that's it. Scores in siggy are accurate as of today true ficos. But I thought you can't get preapprovals if your reports are frozen? Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.
Starting scores 12/1/15 EQ 601, TU 626, EX 601

Current Scores 9/17/17 EQ 686 TU 702 EX 655 Goal 700+ across
UTL 7%
Last Inq: 9/20/17
Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Double Cash

They pulled EX 629 and EQ 726 for me here in Virginia. Not sure about the frozen pulls though. Didn't get a great limit as my history isn't great but glad I got a chance at the card I really want to use on a daily basis.

-Sin
Message 2 of 43
ronstar7
Established Contributor

Can anyone else chime in on the accuracy of the pre select and who they pull for NY?

UTL 7%
Message 3 of 43
ronstar7
Established Contributor

Wow so they double pull? That might be a deal breaker for me, I have 0 inq for the last 18 months getting 1 is already hard to stomach lol let alone 2!

UTL 7%
Message 4 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ronstar7 wrote:
Wow so they double pull? That might be a deal breaker for me, I have 0 inq for the last 18 months getting 1 is already hard to stomach lol let alone 2!

Yep. Unfortunatley from a lot of the posts I have read they double pull a lot of people. I guess it all depends on location and other factors, seeing as I'm not an underwriter I couldn't tell you :X. Either way best of luck if you decide to pull the trigger!!

-Sin

Message 5 of 43
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@ronstar7 wrote:

I am not NY but i am east coast as well, CT here. Both my citi cards were EX pulls. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 6 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ronstar7 wrote:

Double pulling means 1 inquiry on 2 different bureaus; you don't get 2 inquires on the same one so you still won't have more than 1 on any bureau.  This shouldn't be a deal breaker for you.

I checked the credit pulls database for the DC card in NY and of the 6 people that reported on that card in the last 2 years, 4 of them had EX pulled and 2 of them had EQ pulled.  None of the 6 mentioned getting double pulled / pulled by two different bureaus.  I'd imagine the lower your score and/or the more negative information you may have on your file the greater the chance there is of a second pull, but that's just me speculating.

Message 7 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
They pulled EX 629 and EQ 726 for me here in Virginia.

Off topic here, but if you don't mind me asking why are your scores between those two bureaus nearly 100 points different?

Message 8 of 43
RonM21
Valued Contributor

For mine they pulled 2 different bureaus. I'm in PA. I don't recall who they pulled though. There is also a credit pulls data base you can research that may have that info.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 43
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ronstar7 wrote:

Double pulling means 1 inquiry on 2 different bureaus; you don't get 2 inquires on the same one so you still won't have more than 1 on any bureau.  This shouldn't be a deal breaker for you.

I checked the credit pulls database for the DC card in NY and of the 6 people that reported on that card in the last 2 years, 4 of them had EX pulled and 2 of them had EQ pulled.  None of the 6 mentioned getting double pulled / pulled by two different bureaus.  I'd imagine the lower your score and/or the more negative information you may have on your file the greater the chance there is of a second pull, but that's just me speculating.

It's not so clearly defined.   Chase and Citi both started double pulling me when my FICO scores were in the 830+s.   Don't know why!

Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.