Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Double Cash

Double pull for me EQ/EX March of 2015 in Indiana.  I took another EQ for an increase.  Approved at 5k, HP increase to 15k. 2 SP increases to 18.7K since then.

Message 21 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@atarvuzdar wrote:

Double pull here as well. EX and EQ but honestly I would say I deserved it. That said, they instantly approved me for $15,000 and blew away my top limit card by a long shot so... It was totally worth it! I got the pre-screen mailing with the specific APR, as well, by the way.

WoW nice CL O_O. So jealous D:. Hoping I didn't app for a card that will be my primary everyday card too early!

-Sin

You can always take a HP later when you feel your profile might warrant a different limit. I asked for $15k from $4k when it was a pretty ambitious ask, figuring I'd be countered at 10, but I got the 15.

/ETA: I wonder how many of the double pulls are first citi product? 

Message 22 of 43
creditfan
Established Contributor

here NYC

EQ for me for all citibank apps

Message 23 of 43
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

-SinTeryx- wrote:

In my case double pulls started happening with the third or fourth citi product (and third or fourth Chase when I think about).

Message 24 of 43
minski
Established Contributor

NY here. They pulled EX when I applied for Citi Double Cash in January. Not my first Citi card. Pulled EQ for the Best Buy card by Citi back in 2014. 

Chase did double pulled TU and EX this past month for Freedom. It was my 3rd card with them in 2 years. :\

Message 25 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Double pull for me EQ/EX March of 2015 in Indiana.  I took another EQ for an increase.  Approved at 5k, HP increase to 15k. 2 SP increases to 18.7K since then.

wow. Learned something new today. I knew that citi and chase sometimes double pull... but I was not aware that with the DC if you went for a CLI at activation they would HP you a third time. That is ridiculous!  They double pulled me, I aksed for a CLI at activation and was denied (no 3rd hp).

Message 26 of 43
Aahz
Established Contributor

@ronstar7 wrote:
Hello everyone!

So excited I received my first pre select from a major bank. Now I'm in the garden, one of the cards I wanted was the Citi Double Cash card. Came home and saw the envelope. My reports are frozen and have been for quite some time now. Just for kicks however I opted in a few weeks ago to see if it might trigger some preapprovals. Today i saw it, has a specific apr not a range of apr's and the credit screening message on the bottom of the letter. I am in NY, do you know who they pull so I can unfreeze IF I choose to apply. Utl is 0, 1 baddie from 2011 which I'm sure hey saw since they soft pulled me and that's it. Scores in siggy are accurate as of today true ficos. But I thought you can't get preapprovals if your reports are frozen? Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Opting out/in and freezing your reports are two entirely different things that have zero bearing on each other.

Opting out means that your profile will not be included when lendors request that the CRAs send them "contact information for all consumers who meet these criteria" so they can be sent offers for new loans/credit cards.  Opting in means your data will be included in that data dump.

Freezing your reports means that lendors cannot do a hard pull speficially on your personal credit report to see what it looks like (presumably for the purpose of extending you credit).

Message 27 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quite off topic here, but outside of starting a new thread I figured I'd ask this here first regarding the Citi DC card vs Blispay for 2% CB on every day purchases that don't fall into any sort of category.  Sort of a daily driver card to use outside of rewards categories? 

What are the benefits and drawbacks of each compared to the other?  Shooting from the hip, with my limited knowledge I perceive the following:

The Citi DC card has been around longer and Blispay obviously not very long and the future of Blispay isn't very clear at this time.  While SL's may be comparable on both cards, the DC has the potential for a higher CL over time as you can receive CLI's where Blispay stays at its SL forever as far as I know.  The big advantage to Blispay I suppose would be the interest free financing on purchases over $199 which to me is an attractive feature over the DC.  Another Blispay "advantage" would be that it doesn't report so far from what some have said on here, if you personally consider that an advantage over DC.  As far as the fine print goes, I don't know much about the additional benefits of either card.  Some have said that getting the 2% CB rewards with DC takes a while since it's 1% + 1% and you have to pay it off to get half of it... but I PIF so I don't think that would really matter to me.  I know the Blispay 2% back comes in the form of statement credit, not sure if that matters vs DC. 

Does anyone have any opinions on these cards compared to one another?

Chances I would use one for around $1k in purchases per month for things like recurring bills and daily spends that don't fall into any sort of rewards category.  Thanks for the insight, everyone.

Message 28 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't followed the details with Blispay, but I've gone back to DC for my 'everything else' card from a few other things because of some of Citi's other benefits besides cashback. Extended warranty protection was recently improved to the best around, plus the price rewind feature (which I haven't used, but I've been diligently putting things into). 

I also like the alerts and the cashback is easy to redeem (lots of options). 

Message 29 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

In my case double pulls started happening with the third or fourth citi product (and third or fourth Chase when I think about).

I was double pulled for DC EX and EQ. It was my second Citi product. I already had the Simplicity when I applied.

Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.