Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash

tag
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Citi Double Cash

A few weeks ago I applied for and was approved for subject card.  Just discovered that Citi sent an inquiry to all three credit bureaus so am going to make notes for myself about that.  Wanted to let all of you know that Citi does the 3 board thing.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash

That is very strange especially with your scores, when I applied last year it was only one inquiry on Equifax. New policy maybe?

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi is well known for pulling two, but this is the first instance I've seen of three.

Message 3 of 17
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

I was surprised, too.  Never thought about them pulling all three.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi only pulls one bureau for me. Congratulations on your new card! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 17
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Thank you.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only got one pull EQ.

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whenever I ask for something they pull Experian and Equifax for me. 

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

wow!  I have only been double pulled when I applied.  When I was approved I did ask for increase at activation and did not get another HP.

That is ridiculous that they triple pulled the OP.  I am wondering though if they double pulled and OP asked for increase at activation thus resulting in 3 HPs?

This just further reinforces "YEMV"/"YMMV"

At least with citi triple pull, VS capital one, you will be more likely to get APR reductions and better increases!

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

wow!  I have only been double pulled when I applied.  When I was approved I did ask for increase at activation and did not get another HP.

That is ridiculous that they triple pulled the OP.  I am wondering though if they double pulled and OP asked for increase at activation thus resulting in 3 HPs?

This just further reinforces "YEMV"/"YMMV"

At least with citi triple pull, VS capital one, you will be more likely to get APR reductions and better increases!

Citi doesn't pull a credit report to give me a decrease, at least not a hard pull. 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.