Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DoubleCash APR Reductions x4 Update 3/1

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi DoubleCash APR Reductions x4

Oh wait. Now she says I am a valuable customer so she will lower it to 17.49. I'm counting this as a win! LOL

Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi DoubleCash APR Reductions x4 Update 3/1

Must be nice. They absolutely refuse to budge on any of my Citibank cards. I just tried on my Dividend via chat. It is at 14.74%. They thank me for being a Dividend World Elite MasterCard (yes she typed that all out, or copied and pasted) cardholder for 16 years (next month will be 17) but we currently do not show any offers available on your account. We regularly review accounts for special offiers yaddah yaddah. I just shake my head LOL.

I used to think the world of Citibank, which is why I have three very old cards with them. But over the years they have done a complete 180 and I find them to be my least favourite bank. But to each their own.

Congrats to all that are getting Citi love.

PS I do not feel entitled to a lower APR, just thought I would give it a try since a lot of you have had success. 

Message 22 of 30
Poppa
Established Contributor

Hey. Just for data's sake. I got my APR lowered in 2% increments a few times then a 1% then another 2%. They didn't stop after the 1%. I was denied finally then tried the next day and was denied again and told they would email me if another APR decrease offer was available. Good luck everyone. 

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

My DC WEMC with a $1k limit - can't get any love for that, so I probably wouldn't get any love on the APR front either. Though mine is at the oh so reasonable 23.49%!

Message 24 of 30
Poppa
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My DC WEMC with a $1k limit - can't get any love for that, so I probably wouldn't get any love on the APR front either. Though mine is at the oh so reasonable 23.49%!

No reason not to try. I got my APR reductions before I got my CLI.

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I kind of want to try again today but I'm afraid of rejection. lol

Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Poppa wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No reason not to try. I got my APR reductions before I got my CLI.

Good to know!

Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, I got my Hilton down from 19.74 to 18.49 about a week ago.  Today I was checking to see if Citi would waive $9 in trailing interest, no dice, BUT I got the APR down another 2% to 16.49% on my Hilton card Smiley Very Happy  Stuff to do while in the garden I suppose lol

Oz

Message 28 of 30
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Poppa wrote:

Hey. Just for data's sake. I got my APR lowered in 2% increments a few times then a 1% then another 2%. They didn't stop after the 1%. I was denied finally then tried the next day and was denied again and told they would email me if another APR decrease offer was available. Good luck everyone. 

Good data point!  Just when I was feeling certain that I was right on that  less than 2% theory...  Thanks for confirming the 2nd attempt, too, as that was something I was considering.  Will try again later this year when the wife hopefully hits 800.  I have to say that I am still quite amused by the time they offered "her" a choice of a 1%, 1.5% or 2% reduction, though.  I'm tempted to try on my Diamond Preferred but doubt I would get anywhere.  I got approved at 12.24% (which I assume is now 12.74% but since it's still in the intro period my statements and online account say 0%) but would love to have a single-digit Citi card!

Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

After a month of contacting Citi, they finally lowered my APR % from 23.74% to 17.74%...a total decrease of 6%!

2017-04-11_9-28-08.png

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.