Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DoubleCash SP CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi DoubleCash SP CLI?

Hello!

Does anyone have experience with requesting a SP CLI on your Citi DoubleCash? When contacting Citi over Chat recently (On a Pricerewind Issue), they said my 4 1/2 Month old DC is eligible for a SP CLI. I currently have a 4,200 Limit and run through a considerable amount of spending on the Card (Rent, College Tuition, etc). Any tips on what to request, should I wait until the 6 month mark, or should I lower my Util (Currently 70% on this card, 14% of my Credit Portfolio)? Also heard a few people were getting pumped up from WMC to WEMC....is their a minimum limit/minimum account age?

Thanks Folks!

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi DoubleCash SP CLI?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello!

Does anyone have experience with requesting a SP CLI on your Citi DoubleCash? When contacting Citi over Chat recently (On a Pricerewind Issue), they said my 4 1/2 Month old DC is eligible for a SP CLI. I currently have a 4,200 Limit and run through a considerable amount of spending on the Card (Rent, College Tuition, etc). Any tips on what to request, should I wait until the 6 month mark, or should I lower my Util (Currently 70% on this card, 14% of my Credit Portfolio)? Also heard a few people were getting pumped up from WMC to WEMC....is their a minimum limit/minimum account age?

Thanks Folks!

you don't request an amount I don't believe... just click the button online for credit line increase and enter you income and submit... it will come back.

Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do they ever CLD you when you enter that info?

Message 3 of 31
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Do they ever CLD you when you enter that info?

no

Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Creditaddict! Good info

Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let us know how it goes if your decide to pull the trigger. I'd say go for it since it's a SP.

Message 6 of 31
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Let us know how it goes if your decide to pull the trigger. I'd say go for it since it's a SP.

Yes, just check the wording, to make sure it doesn't say that a credit report will be obtained  (There are two versions, one for HP and one for SP)

Message 7 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, just check the wording, to make sure it doesn't say that a credit report will be obtained  (There are two versions, one for HP and one for SP)

+1

Message 8 of 31
JSS3
Valued Contributor

You're eligible for a soft pull increase six months from the last time your limit was increased. You can try for a hard pull increase at any time. 

If you see three spaces to input info, that is the soft pull screen. It won't ask for a requsted amount. It will give you a new limit right there if approved.

If you see four spaces(the last asking for the requested amount) that is the hard pull screen.

It will also tell you that a report will be pulled when it's a hard pull.

I've gotten three soft pull increases. Usually of about 1400. I once received a 600 increase.

I recently requested a soft pull increase on my 1st newly Pc'd Double Cash. Went up 1400. New limit is 4,000.

I recently requested a hard pull increase on my newly 2nd Pc'd Double Cash when it arrived. 5900 increase. New limit is 11,000. It was a hard pull on Experian(Expected it to be on Equifax from what's reported on here). Citi pulls Experian for all my CC applications too. State: PA

13% overall untilization with my one reporting(Discover) card at about 63%.

Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JSS3 wrote:

You're eligible for a soft pull increase six months from the last time your limit was increased. You can try for a hard pull increase at any time. 

If you see three spaces to input info, that is the soft pull screen. It won't ask for a requsted amount. It will give you a new limit right there if approved.

If you see four spaces(the last asking for the requested amount) that is the hard pull screen.

It will also tell you that a report will be pulled when it's a hard pull.

I've gotten three soft pull increases. Usually of about 1400. I once received a 600 increase.

I recently requsted a soft pull increase on my 1st newly Pc'd Double Cash. Went up 1400. New limit is 4,000.

I recently requested a hard pull increase on my newly 2nd Pc'd Double Cash when it arrived. 5900 increase. New limit is 11,000. It was a hard pull on Experian(Expected it to be on Equifax from what's reported on here). Citi pulls Experian for all my CC applications too. State: PA

13% overall untilization with my one reporting(Discover) card at about 63%.

This is clutch. Thanks dude.

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.