Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DoubleCash

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi DoubleCash

I know the 2nd 1% back comes as you pay but the 1% of purchases, does that post immediately like QS or once a statement cuts?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

Re: Citi DoubleCash

@Anonymous wrote:
I know the 2nd 1% back comes as you pay but the 1% of purchases, does that post immediately like QS or once a statement cuts?

Everything posts once statement cuts, including 1% on purchases and 1% on payments.

Message 2 of 11
Gmood1
Super Contributor

If you pay the balance before statements cut. You'll get all 2% back the day the new statement post.
Message 3 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Only after statement cuts.

Same with the second 1%.

Not nearly as user-friendly as QS.

IMHO QS a much better card.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Only after statement cuts.

Same with the second 1%.

Not nearly as user-friendly as QS.

IMHO QS a much better card.

Depending on your goals!  I agree the QS is much more user friendly (rewards post with transactions, no min redemption, and no FTF).   But.... DC offers 33% more rewards!

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm very happy with my DC Smiley Happy I like to think I've got a great combo of rewards cards and still find myself using my double cash the most frequently. Never had a poor customer service experience with Citi, and it's just been a great 'everything else' card.. I can't imagine worrying about the rewards posting instantly or not... As long as they show up, I don't personally care.. That said, I like to wait until I have $100 or more before redeeming so that it seems like more of a reward.. Taking $25 out or less doesn't do much for me.
Message 6 of 11
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Yeah the Citi DC has turned into our favorite. I was upset with them the first year because of the small SL. Once they boosted it up. We've been setting it on fire. Just over a $100 posted today in rewards for the month.
Message 7 of 11
galahad15
Valued Contributor

I have mixed feelings about my Citi DC card.  While my DC card has the lowest nominal APR of all of my four 2% cashback cards, since I have used it more for recurring 0% BT promos that Citi has been offering, I have been relying on it less as a cashback card, and as more of a BT card.  It still gets some usage by me of course and right now has a rewards balance of almost $20 in earned rewards and the non-BT balances are usually PIF on it every month, but my other three 2% cashback cards usually get more usage than the DC.  (My other three 2% cashback cards are my FNBO BucksBack VS, Blispay, and Cap1 NHM MC.)  I still like my DC, but Blispay rewards are redeemed immediately at statement closing and Cap1 rewards have no minimum redemption limit, so in a sense they are a little more fulfulling as rewards can be redeemed much more quickly than with the DC.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a fan of Citi's DC too. The redemption rate doesn't bother me. I find it to be an excellent non-category spend card. We haven't been using it much lately because I'm showing love to my QS MC in hopes of obtaining a CLI. 

I will agree with others that Cap 1's cash back cards offer a simpler process so I can understand the attraction. If a simpler process is what you're looking for QS is an excellent card. If you want more bang for your buck, DC is better. They both serve a purpose in my arsenal.Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:
Yeah the Citi DC has turned into our favorite. I was upset with them the first year because of the small SL. Once they boosted it up. We've been setting it on fire. Just over a $100 posted today in rewards for the month.

So, you have to redeem multiples of $25, not any amount above $25?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.