Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,300
Registered: ‎01-22-2012
0

Re: Citi Executive Aadvantage World Elite MC - Bonus Offer 100,000 miles


B335is wrote:

dilettante wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:

DrZoiberg wrote:

In short, yes. It seems to be a targeted offer that comes about annually. IMO it seems to be the trend. 


I have to disagree here. I don't think we've ever seen a public 100k signup bonus on the AA cards, or at least not anytime recently. The offer also gives a $200 statement credit, effectively bringing the AF down to $250. Despite what has happened with AA over the past few days, it's still a very good deal.


+1

I had been on the look out for 100,000 airline offers for the past year for airlines we use and this has been the best so far for AA, especially with the $200 credit. The highest before was 75K without $200 credit. However, I did notice that DH just recently got a new AA targeted offer for the 100,000 w/ $200 credit that expires on May 31.

 

If you frequent the FT forum, you can see how so many churners and regular folks are jumping on this offer because it's such a rarity and good deal. In fact quite a few are taking advantage of Citi's generous sign up policy and opening 2 or 3 of these cards.


I just dont see how this is such a wonderful deal after the latest deval. I promise I wont point it out anymore, but American really made Uniteds deval look like a small trimming. 


I don't think the deval was that bad, but it was moreso about how it was delivered. The loss of international gateway stopovers and explorer awards definitely hurts, but it could have been much worse. I'm still not convinced that they're finished yet either, and I expect a tweaking of the OW partner chart will be next. They're doing this simply because they can.

 

The biggest issue IMO is that it shook something that AA loyalists had taken for granted for years, and made them question the integrity of both their preferred program and those who run it.

FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 407
Registered: ‎09-18-2013
0

Re: Citi Executive Aadvantage World Elite MC - Bonus Offer 100,000 miles


CreditScholar wrote:

B335is wrote:

dilettante wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:

DrZoiberg wrote:

In short, yes. It seems to be a targeted offer that comes about annually. IMO it seems to be the trend. 


I have to disagree here. I don't think we've ever seen a public 100k signup bonus on the AA cards, or at least not anytime recently. The offer also gives a $200 statement credit, effectively bringing the AF down to $250. Despite what has happened with AA over the past few days, it's still a very good deal.


+1

I had been on the look out for 100,000 airline offers for the past year for airlines we use and this has been the best so far for AA, especially with the $200 credit. The highest before was 75K without $200 credit. However, I did notice that DH just recently got a new AA targeted offer for the 100,000 w/ $200 credit that expires on May 31.

 

If you frequent the FT forum, you can see how so many churners and regular folks are jumping on this offer because it's such a rarity and good deal. In fact quite a few are taking advantage of Citi's generous sign up policy and opening 2 or 3 of these cards.


I just dont see how this is such a wonderful deal after the latest deval. I promise I wont point it out anymore, but American really made Uniteds deval look like a small trimming. 


I don't think the deval was that bad, but it was moreso about how it was delivered. The loss of international gateway stopovers and explorer awards definitely hurts, but it could have been much worse. I'm still not convinced that they're finished yet either, and I expect a tweaking of the OW partner chart will be next. They're doing this simply because they can.

 

The biggest issue IMO is that it shook something that AA loyalists had taken for granted for years, and made them question the integrity of both their preferred program and those who run it.


Yes, there are a lot of people very upset by the deval. I think it's a good deal for me because my attitude is that these points are nice bonuses. I don't depend on these points and I don't MS so it's little extra to have on hand. But if I'm going through the trouble to open up another credit card, then I want it to be the best deal out there.

Super Contributor
Posts: 5,117
Registered: ‎09-22-2012
0

Re: Citi Executive Aadvantage World Elite MC - Bonus Offer 100,000 miles

I have serious heartburn with the tiers but calling them AAnytime rewards. Its insulting.

Super Contributor
Posts: 8,833
Registered: ‎04-22-2013
0

Re: Citi Executive Aadvantage World Elite MC - Bonus Offer 100,000 miles


B335is wrote:
I have serious heartburn with the tiers but calling them AAnytime rewards. Its insulting.


I'm just beginning to think that maybe you aren't all that happy with the devaluation?  I'm pretty good at spotting that sort of thing...

850 EQ, 850 TU, 841 EX
Super Contributor
Posts: 5,117
Registered: ‎09-22-2012
0

Re: Citi Executive Aadvantage World Elite MC - Bonus Offer 100,000 miles

Im probably more angry with myself. Didnt learn my lesson with Delta, then United, now this....

Sorry to hijack your thread. This offer has been around awhile, It appears the March 31 expiration date was just a rumor :smileyhappy:
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,300
Registered: ‎01-22-2012
0

Re: Citi Executive Aadvantage World Elite MC - Bonus Offer 100,000 miles


dilettante wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:

B335is wrote:

dilettante wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:

DrZoiberg wrote:

In short, yes. It seems to be a targeted offer that comes about annually. IMO it seems to be the trend. 


I have to disagree here. I don't think we've ever seen a public 100k signup bonus on the AA cards, or at least not anytime recently. The offer also gives a $200 statement credit, effectively bringing the AF down to $250. Despite what has happened with AA over the past few days, it's still a very good deal.


+1

I had been on the look out for 100,000 airline offers for the past year for airlines we use and this has been the best so far for AA, especially with the $200 credit. The highest before was 75K without $200 credit. However, I did notice that DH just recently got a new AA targeted offer for the 100,000 w/ $200 credit that expires on May 31.

 

If you frequent the FT forum, you can see how so many churners and regular folks are jumping on this offer because it's such a rarity and good deal. In fact quite a few are taking advantage of Citi's generous sign up policy and opening 2 or 3 of these cards.


I just dont see how this is such a wonderful deal after the latest deval. I promise I wont point it out anymore, but American really made Uniteds deval look like a small trimming. 


I don't think the deval was that bad, but it was moreso about how it was delivered. The loss of international gateway stopovers and explorer awards definitely hurts, but it could have been much worse. I'm still not convinced that they're finished yet either, and I expect a tweaking of the OW partner chart will be next. They're doing this simply because they can.

 

The biggest issue IMO is that it shook something that AA loyalists had taken for granted for years, and made them question the integrity of both their preferred program and those who run it.


Yes, there are a lot of people very upset by the deval. I think it's a good deal for me because my attitude is that these points are nice bonuses. I don't depend on these points and I don't MS so it's little extra to have on hand. But if I'm going through the trouble to open up another credit card, then I want it to be the best deal out there.


+1. I couldn't have said it better myself. If the offer isn't fantastic (100k), I won't bother opening a new card.

FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,300
Registered: ‎01-22-2012
0

Re: Citi Executive Aadvantage World Elite MC - Bonus Offer 100,000 miles


B335is wrote:
Im probably more angry with myself. Didnt learn my lesson with Delta, then United, now this....

Sorry to hijack your thread. This offer has been around awhile, It appears the March 31 expiration date was just a rumor :smileyhappy:

I think everyone was expecting it, and the only questions were when and how bad was it going to be.

 

It's hard to imagine that AA wouldn't deval given that both of their competitors already did.

 

FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL

Get a myFICO recommended credit card

Copyright ©2001-2013 Fair Isaac Corporation.
All rights reserved.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.