Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi FICO score lag & CLI request pull?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi FICO score lag & CLI request pull?

First question, is it believed that the EQ Bankcard score provided with Citi CC accounts is the score used for account maintenance and things like CLI requests?  I'm assuming it is, but I'm not 100% sure.

If it is the score they use, as many know it seems that Citi takes about 2 weeks to provide your updated score from the time it's actually pulled/generated.  Most lenders (Amex, Discover, etc) that provide a monthly score typically provide it on the account within a couple of days of the date it was generated.  Citi for whatever reason seems to do their monthly SP and then sit on the score for roughly 2 weeks before updating it on your account. 

My ultimate question here is if you go for a CLI with Citi at some point during that 2 week limbo period, since the SP has already been done would we assume then that this most recent SP (and score) would be what Citi uses for that CLI request, even if it hasn't yet updated for you to see on the account?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi FICO score lag & CLI request pull?

I don’t have a Citi account, but I have been using the Citi scorecard. It’s pulling EX monthly.  My EX updates every 2 weeks of so. I’m actually holding off from logging in and updating the score because I have a few $0 balances getting ready to report and I’m hoping to receive a decent personalized offer to tempt me out of the garden. 

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never heard of Citi scorecard.  Is that the free for 90 days score that Citi allows non-members to get? 

Message 3 of 4
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Yes!

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.