cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward Amazon TYP: NW Trolling, False Alarm

tag
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Forward Amazon loophole closed?

They better keep rewards for amazon purchases intact. My card would be worthless for me without them.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 11 of 38
Open123
Super Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Darn, never realized the Forward gets 5x points on amazon.  I had thought it was only for dining.  Can't believe I missed out on this for 3 or 4 years.

Well if Yahcomb is right, you have missed it permanently.

Well, being in CA, I guess it's a moot point for me--it mind as well be permanent.  No way I'm paying the 8.5% sales tax.  

Had I known, I definitely would have gotten this card to use for amazon over the years.

Message 12 of 38
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

I bought my SD cards two weeks ago, showed up as bookstore. What is your source on this confirmation?

Anyway, I will still keep my Forward card even if I don't shop at Amazon. I do buy video game from time to time so I can still make use of it.

Message 13 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@YahComb wrote:

Just read where it was supposedly "confirmed" that it doesn't work with non-book purchases as of now.

So is this where you read it?  If so, this really sucks.  That was one of the major reasons I got the card.  Just apped for it this week, and it hasn't even shown up yet.  Smiley Mad

Message 14 of 38
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@YahComb wrote:

Just read where it was supposedly "confirmed" that it doesn't work with non-book purchases as of now.

So is this where you read it?  If so, this really sucks.  That was one of the major reasons I got the card.  Just apped for it this week, and it hasn't even shown up yet.  Smiley Mad

I don't really trust Nerd Wallet, its review has gone down the drain. AMEX treats Amazon as internet warehouse, not department store.

Message 15 of 38
YahComb
Established Contributor

I wasn't willing to vouch for their authenticity so thats why im saying supposedly and using quotation marks. They don't tell how they "confirmed this", might have just asked a clueless CSR. So i wanted to see if actual citi forward owners can say if something is different for them.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 16 of 38
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

All five of my Amazon purchases (7/26, 7/30, 8/2, 8/6 and 8/13) for my statement that closed on 8/20 qualified for the bonus. In addition my two purchases since then on 8/20 and 8/23 appear to be coded as "BOOK STORES" online.

I'm going to monitor to see if there has been a change, but I think this is NOT confirmed and false.

BTW -- I still see the student loan and mortgage rebate check at $0.01/point value, so Thank You points have not been devalued.

Message 17 of 38
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

If you want cash out of TY points what you should do is get Walmart GC. Then sell it to Plastic Jungle via Top Cash Back. You will lose about 4% face value, so $25 GC gets you $23 cash. Top Cash Back reimburses 4% transaction amount, so you get $1 back.

Overall this way you get 0.8% return via TY points.

Message 18 of 38
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Did Nerd Wallet have their Citibank affiliate payment reduced?  I hope this isn't the case.  Nerd Wallet gave an extremely unflattering and basically schewed review of US Bank Cash+ as I assume US Bank not paying affiliate fees.  However if this article is untrue, it takes it to new level.  This isn't an opinion but an outright lie that they said they confirmed.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 19 of 38
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

I really hope this isn't true, it is the ONLY reason I applied for the card....

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.