Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward Amazon TYP: NW Trolling, False Alarm

tag
YahComb
Established Contributor

Citi Forward Amazon TYP: NW Trolling, False Alarm

For all the Forward users that make regular purchases @ amazon, do any of you notice on your latest statements if it still considers all amazon purchases eligible for 5TYP? Just read where it was supposedly "confirmed" that it doesn't work with non-book purchases as of now.

EDIT- NW has completely deleted that blog entry now. Perhaps they just wanted to scoop all the other Credit Card sites and just ran with some faulty info hoping to be first to break the story. Jokes on them now.

Edit 2-Article is back up, with a retraction posted. Seems they took the words of a few CSR's as gospel and ran with it. Oops

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Citi-Forward-Amazon-TYP-NW-Trolling-False-Alarm/m-p/156...

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Forward Amazon loophole closed?

Wow I hope not.  Makes card way less interesting especially since amazon is going to start collecting state tax in California soon.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 38
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@YahComb wrote:

@For all the Forward users that make regular purchases @ amazon, do any of you notice on your latest statements if it still considers all amazon purchases eligible for 5TYP? Just read where it was supposedly "confirmed" that it doesn't work with non-book purchases as of now.

I know that Amazon Marketplace and Amazon Payments do no fall into 5TY category. Purchase from Amazon directly still gets 5TY though.

Message 3 of 38
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@YahComb wrote:

@For all the Forward users that make regular purchases @ amazon, do any of you notice on your latest statements if it still considers all amazon purchases eligible for 5TYP? Just read where it was supposedly "confirmed" that it doesn't work with non-book purchases as of now.

I know that Amazon Marketplace and Amazon Payments do no fall into 5TY category. Purchase from Amazon directly still gets 5TY though.

Trumpet, have you tested this out recently?

Message 4 of 38
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Yes I have. Bought some SD cards from Amazon directly and still got 5TY points.

Sadly I won't be shopping at Amazon once CA starts to collect tax from Amazon (damn it, leave Amazon alone).

Message 5 of 38
Open123
Super Contributor

Same here, no more amazon purchases for me either.

Message 6 of 38
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Yeah. California is bankrupt and is looking for easy sources of income.  Amazon looks easy to them.  Additionally, Facebook IPO hasn't produced the income that was projected.  How freaking incompetent.  They were literally using a once a decade, if you are lucky, tax event to help close the budget deficit of a single year.  What a joke.  I wish banks would let me run my finanaces that way.  I would be living rich but really be poor and on my way to bankruptcy.  Wait a minute.  That is California.

Message 7 of 38
YahComb
Established Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Yes I have. Bought some SD cards from Amazon directly and still got 5TY points.

Sadly I won't be shopping at Amazon once CA starts to collect tax from Amazon (damn it, leave Amazon alone).

Trumpet how long ago is recently? the supposed "confirmation" of the change is only from the last couple days.

Also glad i live on the MD side of the potomac. We get the benefits of having a nearby fulfillment center (northern virginia) without the state sales tax from having a physical presence. Still a year out from that happening in Virginia, but its coming.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 8 of 38
Open123
Super Contributor

Darn, never realized the Forward gets 5x points on amazon.  I had thought it was only for dining.  Can't believe I missed out on this for 3 or 4 years.

Message 9 of 38
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

Darn, never realized the Forward gets 5x points on amazon.  I had thought it was only for dining.  Can't believe I missed out on this for 3 or 4 years.

Well if Yahcomb is right, you have missed it permanently.

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.