Cosm0

Citi Forward Card - 5 Thank You Points Benefit

I applied and was accepted for a Citibank Forward Card for College Students about a month ago. My main reason for getting this credit card was because of the 5 Thank You Points you'd receive for each $1 spent for restaurants, Amazon.com, theaters, etc. I spent about $700 within the first month, and when I got my first statement, I only received $700 Thank You Points despite most of the transactions being from Amazon and restaurants. I called Citi's customer service, and after a series of transfers, this one guy with an accent said that the mentioned 5-Thank-You-points-for-every-$1 benefit was not listed for my account. What?! I applied online, and the benefit was still mentioned here even on their website https://creditcards.citi.com/credit-cards/citi-forward-for-college-students/ I mentioned this to them, but they kept repeating that I can only receive 1 Thank You point for every $1 spent for my account. I am furious because of their bait-and-switch antics. The only reason why I decided on this credit card was because of this benefit. From what I've read from other Citi Forward card owners, they're still receiving the 5 Thank You points benefit. Is there something from the small print that I am unaware of?

Regular Contributor
trishdadish

Re: Citi Forward Card - 5 Thank You Points Benefit

I posted the same issue on here about a week ago. I contacted the President's Office and they took up the matter. Yesterday I was left a voice-mail from a rep there stating that they were still working the case, that today (Friday) she would be OOO, and by Monday I should have a reply. So I will keep you posted. If I don't get my points, I am seriously thinking of taking AA (legal) against them! Like the Hulk says: "You won't like me when I'm angry." (LOL)

All 3 bureaus (per Amex CreditSecure FAKO) are still 748 (as of 12/19/13). Cards: Discover It, $12,100, Chase Freedom $3,300, Chase Amazon $1,500, Walmart store $11,000, AMEX Zync NPSL, Costco Amex $14,700. US. Bank Cash +, $5,000. AMEX SPG $6,000, PenFed Plat. Cash Rewards $17,500, PenFed P-LOC $10,000, Citi Forward $5,100, Chase Slate $5,000, Old Navy, $2,200.
Cosm0

Lol, thank you for keeping me updated. I hope it works out for the both of us.

karachiken

Don't t even call them, their CSR is very unprofessional,

I also had the same issue on last week but I fix my problem by writing the security message

Here is there reply: 

We have applied the offer to your account today. We regret that this issue occurred. 

The terms of the offer state that 4 bonus points will be awarded for every $1.00 in spending at merchants categorized as: restaurants, movie theaters, bookstores and music stores. Based on your spending to date, sales within the qualifying categories total $120.68. This resulted in 483 bonus points being applied to your account today. Please allow 1-2 billing cycles for the points to be reflected on your statement. 

So strongly recommend commutation by writing the security message or you just get more angry  

Cosm0

Hey karachiken, could you clarify on what a security message is?

New Contributor
Phizzle

Just a guess here, but I am assuming he means a secure message through the online center. I don't have Citi personally; however, the creditors I deal with have a secure online message center.

Assuming Citi would as well.

Contributor
charleeislegend

This happened to me when i got my citi forward, i called their CSR to confirm my thoughts. They transferred me to a supervisor and within a couple of days he put the "promotion" onto my account along with a 3000 thank you bonus for the trouble. dont listen to everyone saying citi has crap CSR, its honestly all YMMV as i had nothing but a pleasant experience with them so far.

Credit Karma (TU) : 745 Discover FICO (TU): 770 Credit Sesame (EX): 735 myFICO (EQ) - 713
Amex Simplycash Business - $7000 Travelocity AMEX - $1400 Amex TrueEarnings - $7500 Chase Sapphire - $6000 Citi Forward Student - $5000 Discover IT Student - $1900
Valued Contributor
jsickz32

I spend about 150-160 a week on food (restaurants, DD, wendys etc) using my forward. This past month i made 2733 points.
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+