Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward Card "Update"

tag
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

Citi Forward Card "Update"

(Original)

I got approved for this card last month, but when I applied it said that you get 5 points for every dollar you spend on restaurant and entertainment. However, I have not got those additional points yet. So, I called citi thankyou rewards department and they said I don't have that promotion on my profile. Does anyone who has this card, experience this before? Do I have to register for it or something because I don't see it online?

(1/22/13)

So, after about two weeks I finally got a letter from citi and it wants me to send in proofs of this "promotion", which its clearly a feature of the card. So, I faxed in a copy of the application few days a ago and today I got a online letter from them which they add like 480 pts to my 650 that I already have. I'm gonna give them a call and see if they fix their so called promotions.

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi Forward Card

@CredittotheMax wrote:

I got approved for this card last month, but when I applied it said that you get 5 points for every dollar you spend on restaurant and entertainment. However, I have not got those additional points yet. So, I called citi thankyou rewards department and they said I dont have that promotion on my profile. Does anyone who has this card, experience this before? Do I have to register for it or something because I don't see it online?

Its possible your file was borderline for approval and they changed the T&C on your account for approval. Discover did that to me.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 8
flowfaster
Established Contributor

They post with your next statement.  Also what sign up bonus did you get?  There is a 30K bonus but you only get 2 points per bonus category not 5l(like with the 10K bonus).  IMO the 30K one is better to start then PC to the TYP and cash out your points.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 3 of 8
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

As far as I know, there's no promo.  That's just the feature of the card.

On your statement, does it have the charges listed under Restaurants and Entertainment in the "Categorized Purchase Activity" section?

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 8
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

Yes, its listed under restaurant. I tried explaining to the people that it's the feature of the card, but they don't get it. Im starting to hate international base phone centers. Thank god I have discover it now because I get 5% cash back and its double this week. Smiley Very Happy I guess I have to wait to see the next statement. 

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
Message 5 of 8
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

I called CS about a week ago to confirm that my Forward account had all the promotions I thought it did. I got a Maryland-based CSR IIRC, and she was fantastic. She confirmed that all the promotional offers were in place on my account and that I was receiving 5x points on restaurants, movies, music stores, etc.

My points have not posted, but that's probably because the statement hasn't ended.

Hope this helps.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 6 of 8
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

Everytime I call I get someone from India and they told me that I only have the 2% apr reduction and 100pts for paying on time. But not the 5 points and I told them that the main reason for this card is the bonus points because that's the main feature of this card. They told me I have to prove it to them, when it clearly states that online. 

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
Message 7 of 8
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Yes, others have commented that the stuff you get with the card is very vague. 

To quote mine "Unless you are participating in a promotional offer, you will earn one TYP for each $1 you spend on purchases (no other transactions qualify to earn TYP).

Some offers may allow you to earn more than one TYP for every dollar you spend on purchaes at 1) bookstores, 2) record stores, 3) restaurants including fast-food restaurants, 4......"

and then goes on to define bookstores, records stores etc.   But critically, it doesn't define the rewards at these places, and, most critically (!) nothing I received shows that I am "participating in a promotional offer".  So I just hope things work out!  It's hard to say, "But that's what it says on the web site when I applied".  Every other card I have received recently also included a clear description of the rewards.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.