Valued Member
Maclover

Citi Forward Card

Hello,

Does anybody have this card?  Just wondering what the criteria are for being approved for this card.  It seems like a decent rewards program that doesn't require "stellar" credit.  My oldest account is from 2005 with no late payments ever, but high utilization (60%).  I also heard they require a lot of documentation for approval - 4506T, W2?  Does anybody know if that's true?

Thanks in advance. 

Senior Contributor
txjohn

Re: Citi Forward Card

You are more likely to get a CapOne reward card if credit is not stellar and you have high utilization.

Here is a link to the CapOne "Average Credit" requirements reward (cash back) card.  They have travel or points cards too.

http://www.capitalone.com/creditcards/products/details/?sol=10895&tc=9&credit=2&linkid=WWW_0608_CARD...

However, this card is one of the "never" grow CLI cards.  The max possible CL is $3k, but it is rare to get such a CL on this card.  More likely to max at $1 - $1.5k.

Just depends on how soon you think you need a reward card for your current everyday expenditures.

Credit Scoring 101 - Tuscani   *  Guide to Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads * FICO High Achievers  *  FICO Score Estimator

09/03/2009 TU: 777, EQ: 776 ($8 balance on an account dropped me out of 780's)
03/28/2009 TU: 814, EQ: 810, EX: 781 (02/12/2009)
05/18/2005 TU: 563, EQ: 580, EX: 549
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

Re: Citi Forward Card

I'm not sure what the specific criteria are for this card, but in general, Citi will deny for any major derog on your CRs, be it paid, unpaid, charge off, or collection.

I would definitely recommend trying to get your util under 50% before apping. 

Here we go again...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+