Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward Card

tag
LiLTide
Established Member

Citi Forward Card

Went to the Credit Card Center Tab and input my info and of the 3 cards recommended (CitiForward, Discover, CapitalOne), the Citi Forward is better for me. I want to transfer a $10,000+ balance with minimal fees.....any suggestions????

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Forward Card

That's a lot of balance. Can't you pay it off? I have doubt that Citi will approve such huge balance transfer.

Message 2 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

do you know your Fico score.  what other cards do you have with over 10k limits?

Message 3 of 16
plasticguy
Established Contributor

FYI Re CIti 1.99% Promotional APR on Balance Transfers up to $10,000.00. Any balance transfer requests that exceed $10,000.00 will be rejected for the full amount of the transfer. So the max you can do is 10k
Message 4 of 16
LiLTide
Established Member

Yes, but HONESTLY, it would be quicker if I could eliminate or reduce the interest....

Message 5 of 16
LiLTide
Established Member

No other cards with 10K limits....

Message 6 of 16
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

What you can do is open two cards and do partial BT on both cards.

Message 7 of 16
LiLTide
Established Member

Trying to avoid the credit score hit with 2 hard inquiries....

Message 8 of 16
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Which one is more important for you right now? Paying down debt or maintaining score?

If you don't want to do BT then do snow ball method. Pay off the card with smallest balance, then next smallest, etc. Unless you only have one card.

Message 9 of 16
LiLTide
Established Member

Both....I am maintaining my score and paying down debt by paying the HIGHEST APR card first, then second highest, etc etc....If there is a better way let me know....

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.