Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward Credit Limit?

tag
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

Citi Forward Credit Limit?

what is the Citi forward initial credit limit?

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Forward Credit Limit?

I don't know but I just recv'd Cit Forward as a student , CL $1200.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have seen members here post that they have been given CL's as low as 500 (if my memory serves me correctly) it all really depends on other CL's you have on your report/s and also how your report/s appeal to them.

I do not have a Citi CC and never will, I apped for the Citi Dividend Plat Select and they wanted me to fill out a 4506T, I never sent the form back and will never app for a Citi CC again, took a hard for nothing!!!! All because on my EQ report my current employer was not listed and did not match what I put on my app, I had it fixed within a week and called Citi and asked them to soft my EQ and reconsider (I offered to send/fax a copy of a current paystub to prove what i put on my app was accurate) they wouldn't budge and wanted the 4506T, I told them to jump off a bridge.

Message 3 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Just like all credit products a lot goes into approvals and CL's given initially including and not limited to age, income, credit score, inquiries, debt, utilization, etc. etc.

but I have seen Citi Forward talked a lot on here in the last 6 months or so with CL's from $1000-$16000.

The good thing about Citi is you can get CLI VERY regularly and quickly build a very high CL.

Message 4 of 7
JMN
Frequent Contributor

Citi Forward Terms and Conditions:

To receive a Citi Forward® Card, you must meet our applicable criteria bearing on creditworthiness. Your credit limit will be determined by your annual salary and wages, your other annual income and a review of your debt, including the debt listed on your credit report. You will be informed of the amount of your credit limit when you receive your card. Some credit limits may be as low as $500. Please note that cash advances may be limited to a portion of your credit limit.

I was approved for Citi Forward two years ago next February, and my inital credit limit was $9,500, I think. I have a deep relationship with Citi, and FICO at the time was 760-770, or so, with income to support the request.

Current limit stands at $18,000.

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 5 of 7
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Citi started me with a 4k CL on my dividend platinum student card in august. When should I ask for a CLI?

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 6 of 7
JMN
Frequent Contributor

@Meltdownblitz wrote:
Citi started me with a 4k CL on my dividend platinum student card in august. When should I ask for a CLI?

I believe new accounts must wait 6 months to request CLI. After that, it'll be 3 months.

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.