Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward Denial Reasons

tag
msheresy
Regular Contributor

Citi Forward Denial Reasons

So, as I mentioned here , I applied for the Citi Forward and was denied.  I recieved the email with the denial reasons and it reads as follows:

* Your credit report shows your accounts have a low credit limit

* Your credit report shows too few credit refrences

Any input on what these exactly mean before I call them to attempt a worthless recon?  Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Forward Denial Reasons

The first indicates that your existing CL's are most likely low limit cards.  Some CC's require you to have an existing CL that exceeds the minimum CL that card issues.  For example, it the CC you app'ed for issues CL of $1k or more and your current highest CL is $500, they may decline you because if no other lender has trusted you with $1k or more yet, they don't want to go first.

The second indicates you don't have enough credit references:  not enough accounts with age to be considered a reference.  If your accounts are relatively new, these are liabilities (potential debt trouble) not references.  Until you have a few accounts with some history, they don't count.  Also, AU accounts do not count as references.

Message 2 of 15
msheresy
Regular Contributor

My accounts are

Cap1 1100 over yr old

HSBC 500 year old

Under A Yr old

Amex 1000 Yr in June

Chase 750 Yr in Sep

Boa 99/500 Yr in Aug

Juni BnN 800 yr in Jan

Care Credit 4000 yr in Jan

Sportsmans Guide 2000 Just opened this mth.

Considering all of that, would a phone call even be worth it?

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Always recon....what do you have to lose?  They can't take away your birthday for calling in and you never know....maybe you get something Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 15
msheresy
Regular Contributor

Yeah, I just hate getting denied twice!  Which number should I use to call? 
Message 5 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I had NO Luck with Recon my application for the Myspace credit card, they said they don't have a department you can talk to about those decisions
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't take it personally....consider it a calculated risk and one no closer to yes.  As Thomas Edison said, he learned 10,000 ways "not" to invent a light bulb before he succeeded.  

Each success is a series of steps, and while the final step delivers the satisfaction and final destination, it is no more important that every step preceding it, most especially the first. 

Message 7 of 15
msheresy
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
I had NO Luck with Recon my application for the Myspace credit card, they said they don't have a department you can talk to about those decisions

Ahhh just remembered.  I called for the status when it didnt get instant approval.  The very polite CSR told me to call 1-888-201-4523 to find out if I was approved.  There is an option to speak with someone if you were denied.  I cant believe I forgot about that!  I just happened to see a random # written on a scratch notepad on my desk here at work and I called it becuase I wasnt sure if that was the number and TADAAAA.  Gonna call on my way home from work.  Wish me luck.

ps  dont call 1-888-207-4523  there was some recording about paying $4.99.  Smiley Surprised

Message 8 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

well I called again... the call center is not in US, it's hard to even communicate why I am calling. she didn't even know that we had 3 different credit reporting agency's.

I just got madder and madder having to be on the phone with someone that barely knows what a credit card is let alone how one gets approved. she was good to read back my denial letter.

I asked to be transferred,we will see if that gets me into a different call center or just her supervisor.

I hate dealing with banks you can't talk to people that have power with your application 

Message 9 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

according to supervisor, Citi WILL NOT give a credit card to someone with ANY BK on there reports.

I think this is false but someone chime in and let me know 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.