Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward Denial Reasons

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Forward Denial Reasons

So you didn't invent the light bulb today.  Don't take it too hard.  Just keep practicing the credit basics.

Also, I suggest CU's.  A good CU will take a little time to build relationships with, maybe only with a Savings account, but it will ultimately go somewhere, as opposed to HSBC, Orchard, etc. and all the "builder" cards that you will at some point finally dump because they are dead end cards.  Yeah, you can get 'em when your credit stinks, but then they stink when your credit is prime.

Message 11 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So you didn't invent the light bulb today.  Don't take it too hard.  Just keep practicing the credit basics.

Also, I suggest CU's.  A good CU will take a little time to build relationships with, maybe only with a Savings account, but it will ultimately go somewhere, as opposed to HSBC, Orchard, etc. and all the "builder" cards that you will at some point finally dump because they are dead end cards.  Yeah, you can get 'em when your credit stinks, but then they stink when your credit is prime.

FOR SURE!!
I applied in a weak second because of someone with a lower score getting approved but in the end we know score doesn't play into much a lot of the time. Citi doesn't even order your scores, they build there own score with your credit report.
I'm working on my Alliant relationship now! 

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

In response the question about bankruptcoes.....I asked my sister who works for CITI and she said it IS true....officially anyway. She also said that if you bark your way up the tree and everything else looks good on the report, you may get a high level superivisor who MAY overturn the decision. But it happens far and few between.
Message Edited by teacherhere on 04-14-2009 05:55 PM
Message 13 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I just wanted back in, and they don't seem to black list because not one rep or letter mentioned a bad citi account for the reason of denial. Might just have to back my way in and see if they still offer joint accounts and add myself to my moms account and then remove her down the road.
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have all suffered "credit envy" or at least the 'ole...if s/he got one, maybe I could.......

Don't take the bait....wait, hold to your plan.  Cliche is truth we no longer want to hear, "good things come to those who wait"

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.