Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward Denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Forward Denied

So a few weeks ago I applied for the Citi Thank You card with the preapproval number  I was sent and after a few days of waiting I got approved with the $3500 CL. For whatever reason, I ended up applying for the Citi Forward card today and got denied because they pulled Equifax..They had to have pulled Experian for the first one. Anyways, I have never been able to pull up my Equifax report. I get to the questions where you are the only one who is supposed to know the answers to the questions (mortgage, car, etc)..Thing is, I don't have a mortgage or car loan and never have..Since my sister and I have similar names, info from my her credit report are actually on mine and this includes the baddies.  I've answered the questions as If I were here and couldn't get my report, and then answered the questions as me and still could not get through..I get the message saying that I would need to mail all this info in to verify/validate my identity.. I have never had so much trouble getting a credit report before.

At this point, I have about 13K total credit..The only card with a balance on it is my Citi Thank You and it's not even $100. I am also an AU on a few of my parents cards so I don't really know what the lender sees when they pull my CR since I am not responsible for those. Anyway, this is what it said when I recieved the denial letter in email.

A delinquent credit obligation(s), either paid
 or unpaid, was recorded on your credit bureau report.

o   Your total credit obligations, which include
 outstanding credit lines, are too high to meet our approval
 guidelines, when compared to your stated income.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Forward Denied

It´s weird since you have the same name but not the same SSN. I don´t see how the information of one could cause trouble to the other but anyways try calling the backdoor numbers! It´s not a problem of you having delicuencies but wrong information in their hands. They should be able to approve you. Did they pulled your sisters report?

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 2 of 3
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi Forward Denied

seems unlikely but call them to verify. You can also call eqifax and they will ask you questions if you want to buy your report. They will be able to verify its you somehow.

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.