Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward Points

tag
dearppl
Contributor

Citi Forward Points

I've had my Citi Forward for over 5 years now and racked up tons TYP and never redeemed anything. I heard you can call customer service, and they can write a check to your financial institution for mortgage or student loan payment. Can anyone confirm this? Can I use this check to pay that bank's credit card?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Obt3wKLq5t
New Contributor

Re: Citi Forward Points

I don't know about the mortgage or studen loan payment.  It sounds like something you have to call up "Points Concierge" to do.  But you SHOULD check the expiration date on your points if you actually been racking up points and haven't redeem them since thank you points expires I think 5 years after they are earned.  Check Thankyou.com under Points Summary for details on expiration.

American Express SPG, Chase Freedom, Citi Forward, Citi Dividend World Elite, Discover More, Penfed Platinum Rewards, Kohls
Message 2 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Obt3wKLq5t wrote:

I don't know about the mortgage or studen loan payment.  It sounds like something you have to call up "Points Concierge" to do.  But you SHOULD check the expiration date on your points if you actually been racking up points and haven't redeem them since thank you points expires I think 5 years after they are earned.  Check Thankyou.com under Points Summary for details on expiration.

Good point on the expiration.

On mortgage/sudent loan, yes, you have to call 1-800-THANKYOU

The awards are on the Thank You site but now hard to find, basically Shop (Browse Rewards)>Shop All Categories>Cash & Charity

and then Student loan or Mortgage.   You have to tell them the name of the institution that holds the loan and they will send YOU a check with that institution as payee.

Message 3 of 5
dearppl
Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Obt3wKLq5t wrote:

The awards are on the Thank You site but now hard to find, basically Shop (Browse Rewards)>Shop All Categories>Cash & Charity

and then Student loan or Mortgage.   You have to tell them the name of the institution that holds the loan and they will send YOU a check with that institution as payee.

Thanks! If the payee is the banking institution, do I just endorse the check and deposit into my own bank account?

Message 4 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@dearppl wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Obt3wKLq5t wrote:

Thanks! If the payee is the banking institution, do I just endorse the check and deposit into my own bank account?

I have done that, others would caution against!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.