Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 361
Registered: ‎07-31-2007
0

Re: Citi Forward Rewards Reduced?

I wasn't very impressed with Chase Freedom when I had it. I mainly used it for gas, but I did purchase other things as well. When I had my billing **bleep** up, I promptly sent out a payment (sans the fees, my mistake) and they took all my rewards so I closed it. No reason to keep it when you rewards are taken away.

 

Here's the rewards categories for Discover More-



6/9/2008-TransUnion-703
6/9/2008-Equifax-712
6/9/2008 Experian-635

2/16/2011 Transunion - 675
3/11/2011 Equifax - 688
5/13/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Transunion - 724
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,291
Registered: ‎05-13-2010
0

Re: Citi Forward Rewards Reduced?


kc12286 wrote:

I wasn't very impressed with Chase Freedom when I had it. I mainly used it for gas, but I did purchase other things as well. When I had my billing **bleep** up, I promptly sent out a payment (sans the fees, my mistake) and they took all my rewards so I closed it. No reason to keep it when you rewards are taken away.

 

Here's the rewards categories for Discover More-

 


That's Chase's fault how?  All companies do that, and they all put that in the disclosures/card agreement.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k/9.99% | Citi Dividend World MC - $12.1k/11.99% | Amex BCE - $20k/10.24% | Chase Freedom VS- $10k/15.24% | Barclay Ring $5k/8.0% | Discover it - $21.5k/11.99%
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 361
Registered: ‎07-31-2007
0

Re: Citi Forward Rewards Reduced?

Where did I say it was Chase's fault? I said it was my mistake, which I promplty corrected. They took my points, thus I closed the card.

6/9/2008-TransUnion-703
6/9/2008-Equifax-712
6/9/2008 Experian-635

2/16/2011 Transunion - 675
3/11/2011 Equifax - 688
5/13/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Transunion - 724
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,291
Registered: ‎05-13-2010
0

Re: Citi Forward Rewards Reduced?


kc12286 wrote:

Where did I say it was Chase's fault? I said it was my mistake, which I promplty corrected. They took my points, thus I closed the card.


I agree, I'm just saying I don't think that should negatively reflect on Chase, since Discover would do the same thing.  I will agree that one mistake they probably shouldn't have jumped on you like that, they lost your business over something fairly trivial.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k/9.99% | Citi Dividend World MC - $12.1k/11.99% | Amex BCE - $20k/10.24% | Chase Freedom VS- $10k/15.24% | Barclay Ring $5k/8.0% | Discover it - $21.5k/11.99%
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 361
Registered: ‎07-31-2007
0

Re: Citi Forward Rewards Reduced?

[ Edited ]

smc733 wrote:

kc12286 wrote:

Where did I say it was Chase's fault? I said it was my mistake, which I promplty corrected. They took my points, thus I closed the card.


I agree, I'm just saying I don't think that should negatively reflect on Chase, since Discover would do the same thing.  I will agree that one mistake they probably shouldn't have jumped on you like that, they lost your business over something fairly trivial.


It's not the end of the world for me. I was attempting to make an online payment, must have input the numbers in wrong and thus got hit with an late fee, then an overlimit fee and so on. Like I said I promptly sent a check out the next day, as soon as the mistake was apparent, not taking into account those fees and thus they kept hitting me with fees and past due notices. It got to a point where they wanted more than 1k to consider my account current. At the time, I was working a job where I only make 12k a year, no way could I pay them 1k to be current. So I opted for closing the account and a lower APR and thus the fees ended. They had every right to take my points, I know they did, but  because I had been a good customer, always paid above the minimum, I had not gone over my balance until that point . I learned a lesson, to double and triple check when paying online.

6/9/2008-TransUnion-703
6/9/2008-Equifax-712
6/9/2008 Experian-635

2/16/2011 Transunion - 675
3/11/2011 Equifax - 688
5/13/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Transunion - 724
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.