Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward Signature Odd

tag
gnay
Valued Member

Citi Forward Signature Odd

Last week, I requested a global chip version of the Forward card just out of curiosity.

When I got the card in mail today, I found out the replacement card came in Signature version with the EMV chip embedded in it.

I thought to quality as a Sig card, the CL must be greater than $5,000?

However, my current limit is $2,000, and that limit remains as is. What is going on?

I've only had this card since March.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Citi Forward Signature Odd

The $5K for sig doesn't seem to be an absolute hard and fast rule, many people have posted about getting Signature cards with lower limits (sometimes after a PC, sometimes not).

Message 2 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I just asked about an EMV chip for my Forward, and got:

"Thank you for your inquiry.  At this time, the option to change the design of your plastic is not available."

Mmmm.

Message 3 of 11
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@gnay wrote:

Last week, I requested a global chip version of the Forward card just out of curiosity.

When I got the card in mail today, I found out the replacement card came in Signature version with the EMV chip embedded in it.

I thought to quality as a Sig card, the CL must be greater than $5,000?

However, my current limit is $2,000, and that limit remains as is. What is going on?

I've only had this card since March.

Perhaps the chipped version only comes in a sig card?

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 4 of 11
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I just requested a chipped version. We'll see what happens Smiley Tongue 

Message 5 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Just got another message:

Unfortunately the Global Chip Card is not available on the Citi Forward accounts. If you would like to convert to a different card that has the chip card option, please contact customer service for the terms and conditions of each card.

OP, can you confirm that it really is an EMV card and not Near Field?

Message 6 of 11
gnay
Valued Member

Yes, it is an EMV card. I actually got two replacement cards with siggy logo and silver chip. I requested the near field (pay pass?) As well, but that never came. When first I talked to frontline CSR, he had no idea what an EMV chip was and said that function of the card wasn't offered. I told him to ask his supervisor, and he came back saying "global chip" on forward cards are, in fact, offered. I did tell him I will be traveling abroad this summer. So, give them a call. And also check your citi page where you request replacement cardS. I believe I saw an option of adding the chip function there. Hope I helped.

Does anyone know if citi reports their siggy card as NPSL or revolving account?

Message 7 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@gnay wrote:
Yes, it is an EMV card. I actually got two replacement cards with siggy logo and silver chip. I requested the near field (pass pass?) As well, but that never came. When first I talked to frontline CSR, he had no idea what an EMV chip was and said that function of the card wasn't offered. I told him to ask his supervisor, and he came back saying "global chip" on forward cards are, in fact, offered. I did tell him I will be traveling abroad this summer. So, give them a call. And also check your citi page where you request replacement cardS. I believe I saw an option of adding the chip function there. Hope I helped.

OK, I guess this is just CSR lack of knowledge.  I have the chip on the Premier and TYP, so I don't really need it, but maybe I will push again (especially if it gets me a Sig version).

Not sure why this still seems so hard for the US-based divisions, their European-based operations give out ONLY chip&pin cards!

Message 8 of 11
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

I have a global chip on my Citi Forward as well, and it's not a visa sig...
TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 9 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@gnay wrote:
Yes, it is an EMV card. I actually got two replacement cards with siggy logo and silver chip. I requested the near field (pass pass?) As well, but that never came. When first I talked to frontline CSR, he had no idea what an EMV chip was and said that function of the card wasn't offered. I told him to ask his supervisor, and he came back saying "global chip" on forward cards are, in fact, offered. I did tell him I will be traveling abroad this summer. So, give them a call. And also check your citi page where you request replacement cardS. I believe I saw an option of adding the chip function there. Hope I helped.

Citi reports Signature or World versions as revolving/flexible spending CLs.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.