Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward Student PC

tag
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

Citi Forward Student PC

I called the EO # first and the guy was mad because I didn't call the number on my card for a product change.  Then, I called the CSR and they said that the card is not eligible to PC. Tried secure message and they reply with we don't deal with PC. Has anyone got any luck with PCing this card? Btw, Citi has a extremely terrible CS. 

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi Forward Student PC

@CredittotheMax wrote:

I called the EO # first and the guy was mad because I didn't call the number on my card for a product change.  Then, I called the CSR and they said that the card is not eligible to PC. Tried secure message and they reply with we don't deal with PC. Has anyone got any luck with PCing this card? Btw, Citi has a extremely terrible CS. 

Citi student cards are very rarely PC's.  In previous times they used to have a much more fleixible policy but nowadays it's even somewhat difficult to PC even between some of their mainline/elegible products.  If you have already engaged the EO or retention team and they won't budge, then it is what it is ... their student cards as a general rule don't traditionally PC to their mainline suite of CCs.

Message 2 of 11
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

Does that mean I have to close it after I graduate because I don't want to have a student card when I'm not. 

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
Message 3 of 11
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I guess I was stupid then to PC a Dividend to Forward.. lol wonder if eventually they will let me go back as I thought this one had 5% on Amazon and it doesn't. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CredittotheMax wrote:

Does that mean I have to close it after I graduate because I don't want to have a student card when I'm not. 

You certainly don't have to close it when you graduate.   Really the student cards are somewhat similar to the different sign-up offers you can get.  It matters that you are a student when you GET the card (and not always then!) but afterwards you just continue with the features you were given.

Which raises the question:  are you getting 5x on entertainment with this card or just the new 1x?   If 5x, you REALLY want to keep the card for as long as you can, until the change the terms!

Message 5 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@KennyS2006 wrote:
I guess I was stupid then to PC a Dividend to Forward.. lol wonder if eventually they will let me go back as I thought this one had 5% on Amazon and it doesn't. Smiley Sad

When was this?  After or before the card was marked as 1x on the site?

Message 6 of 11
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

I think i might be still getting the 5x. I just did a test purchase on amazon to see if I am still getting the 5x points. But, what i was saying is that i dont want a card that reported as a student card on my credit report when I'm like 40.

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
Message 7 of 11
Dubious
Frequent Contributor

@CredittotheMax wrote:

I think i might be still getting the 5x. I just did a test purchase on amazon to see if I am still getting the 5x points. But, what i was saying is that i dont want a card that reported as a student card on my credit report when I'm like 40.

Student cards are not reported as "student card" on credit reports. Actually, credit reports don't say what specific card product you have, it only has the bank name and account number. 

Message 8 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Dubious wrote:

@CredittotheMax wrote:

Student cards are not reported as "student card" on credit reports. Actually, credit reports don't say what specific card product you have, it only has the bank name and account number. 

+1

Only certain products have a reporting sub-category on CRAs, such as some secured cards.  But, as far the "student" designation, that is more of an internal product coding on their system.

Message 9 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Dubious wrote:

@CredittotheMax wrote:

+1

Only certain products have a reporting sub-category on CRAs, such as some secured cards.  But, as far the "student" designation, that is more of an internal product coding on their system.

And even if it did report, I would guess the benefits outweigh any perceived impact that would have.    But as it idoesn't report that way, doesn't matter!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.