Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward Upcoming Changes?

tag
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

Citi Forward Upcoming Changes?

I noticed some posts a few days ago from current citi forward cardholders saying that they had recieved notification from citi about upcoming changes to their accounts, but didn't see any information that specified what the changes were/might be. I also noticed that citi has taken the adult version of the forward off of their website (the student version is still there however). I did read some speculation that citi might be upgrading the card but I don't know how much truth there is to that.

Does anyone have any new information on this? I'm just curious to know what kind of changes will be made given that the forward is/was one of the cards that I was thinking about taking the plunge on in the near future. 

Thanks.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Forward Upcoming Changes?

Good catch - I swear it was there yesterday... I've been stalking it a little.  You'd think they'd have shot Diamond Preferred first.

Message 2 of 10
ramblin_wreck08
Regular Contributor

I received an account message saying a new card was heading my way. I called to find out they are issuing me one with a global chip. I know others were told they're being upgraded to Visa Sig. I still haven't received my new card yet, but the message says to call if I don't receive it by 1/18. I will let you all know once I receive my new card, and what changes have been made (if any).
Amex BCP $20k | PenFed Platinum Rewards VS $16.5k | Amex HHonors $10k
Message 3 of 10
bs6054
Valued Contributor

EMV on a card with a 3% FTF,  that's useful!

Message 4 of 10
bs6054
Valued Contributor

How long have you had it?  Got mine about two weeks ago, with no chip

Message 5 of 10
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

I'd rather more people push for EMV so we can get rid of magnetic strip in US.

Message 6 of 10
ramblin_wreck08
Regular Contributor

I've had it since December 2009, so just over 3 years.

- Sorry for lack of quoting. On my iPhone.
Amex BCP $20k | PenFed Platinum Rewards VS $16.5k | Amex HHonors $10k
Message 7 of 10
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

Hopefully there's more to it than just adding an emv chip. I don't think that simply adding an emv chip alone would be enough to keep forward off the citi website for an extended period of time, but then again who knows?

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 8 of 10
andre181
Established Contributor

I haven't gotten the "new card" message either. 

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 9 of 10
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@OptimasPrime wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

Hopefully there's more to it than just adding an emv chip. I don't think that simply adding an emv chip alone would be enough to keep forward off the citi website for an extended period of time, but then again who knows?

Well, with Penfed, you have to apply for a new card to get EMV added, for reasons still unclear to me...

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.