Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward Visa SIgnature?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Forward Visa SIgnature?

I sent a secure message through the Citi site this afternoon requesting an upgrade from a Visa to a Visa Signture. I received a message that to provide the best service possible I needed to call. I just called in and the first representative was clueless. I asked to be transferred to a supervisor where I was told my account was not showing anything available for possible upgrade. She said she has heard nothing about a Visa Signature version of the Forward but was going to submit a request to another department to see if they could provide insight into if and/or when one would be available. She said that they should email or call me.

Message 21 of 38
bribro
Valued Contributor

@crunching_numbers wrote:

I can tell you for a fact that my Chase Freedom card had an $8600 CL, and was not a signature card.  Was just upgraded to signature this month.  I don't think the dollar amount of the line is involved in their decisions at all.

You're supposed to have a >$5,000 CL in order to qualify for a Visa Signature card, but having a > $5,000 CL doesn't necessarily mean you will get a Visa Signature card.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 22 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

A little more detail: I have a $10.5k credit line on my Citi Forward card. I am still waiting to receive the card and am not sure if it has a chip or not. My current card does not have a chip. 

Message 23 of 38
bigdogn12

A user stated that they received the card with the signature marking but no global chip.

Message 24 of 38
stone
Regular Contributor

who actually received their visa sign card? upload the photo of it?

Message 25 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I assume they are giving us this card, we still will be part of the thank you network and not some other rewards plan?

Message 26 of 38
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@nyancat wrote:

Still no such message here. I just requested CLI's on both my Forward cards. Now one is $5,800 and the other is $4,500. Hopefully that enables me to get a Visa Signature on the $5,800 one. I'd love to have it as a Visa Signature card for purchases of electronics on Amazon!

Can I ask why/how you have two Forward cards?

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 27 of 38
mxp114
Valued Contributor

No changes other than adding Signature. The card looks the same but the Visa logo is all white with Signature below and no more box around it. It requires $5k+ and they are doing these upgrades in phases.

Message 28 of 38
ramblin_wreck08
Regular Contributor

I received a letter from Citi today telling me that my new card will arrive shortly.  They are upgrading me to Visa Sig and also adding an EMV chip. 

Amex BCP $20k | PenFed Platinum Rewards VS $16.5k | Amex HHonors $10k
Message 29 of 38
jla84
Regular Contributor

I got my new Visa Signature card today. I originally had the card design with the white background and was nervous that they would only have the black design in the new Visa Signature cards, but it turns out I didn't have to worry! The card looks exactly the same except it says "Signature" under the Visa logo. I don't have an EMV chip and there was no mention of that in my letter. Wonder why some people are getting those and not others???

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.