Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward Visa SIgnature?

tag
ramblin_wreck08
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi Forward Visa SIgnature?

@jla84 wrote:

I got my new Visa Signature card today. I originally had the card design with the white background and was nervous that they would only have the black design in the new Visa Signature cards, but it turns out I didn't have to worry! The card looks exactly the same except it says "Signature" under the Visa logo. I don't have an EMV chip and there was no mention of that in my letter. Wonder why some people are getting those and not others???

I don't know if this is why, but I have booked an international trip on my Citi Dividend card each of the last two years.  Different card, but still Citi.

Amex BCP $20k | PenFed Platinum Rewards VS $16.5k | Amex HHonors $10k
Message 31 of 38
jdogi
Contributor

@nyancat wrote:

Still no such message here. I just requested CLI's on both my Forward cards. Now one is $5,800 and the other is $4,500. Hopefully that enables me to get a Visa Signature on the $5,800 one. I'd love to have it as a Visa Signature card for purchases of electronics on Amazon!

What's the benefit of using a Signature card for electronics at Amazon?  BTW, I just received my new Citi Forward Signature card today.  It's my first Signature card, so I'm not really familiar with all of the benefits.  I did check the Visa Signature benfits pages and didn't see anythign specific to Amazon.  Of course, I love the 5 points deal at Amazon, but that existed before the Signature upgrade.  thanks

Message 32 of 38
nyancat
Established Contributor

Nothing specific to Amazon. Just that I'd love to get 5pts/dollar on Amazon electronics shopping but not at the expense of Visa Signature / AmEx protections.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 33 of 38
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

Same message that showed up on my account, but I have the TY card. Called in and they said they have been "upgrading" to a signature version on Jan 8.

Message 34 of 38
jeff318

Got the EMV card yesterday and a note today saying that I am getting a Visa Signature card... the card with the chip has no mention of "Signature" on it.

(About a week ago I requested a new card because mine was wearing out. Requested one with the EMV because I could)

Message 35 of 38
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

Does Citi report a hard CL on Visa Signature cards? 

Message 36 of 38
hardworkrebuilding
Regular Contributor

@CC365 wrote:

B of A is the only one I'm aware of that does not report limit, only highest balance.  My wife has the B of A  Visa Siggy, no limit reports. I have a Chase MRP  Visa Siggy and the limit reports.

FICO 750+ on each CRA - 6 cards for a total CL of $222,900
Gardening since 9/11/2016 for a goal of 2 years
Message 37 of 38
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

@hardworkrebuilding wrote:

@CC365 wrote:

B of A is the only one I'm aware of that does not report limit, only highest balance.  My wife has the B of A  Visa Siggy, no limit reports. I have a Chase MRP  Visa Siggy and the limit reports.

Thanks for the info. Now if only Citi would show me some auto increase so I can get my 1st signature Smiley Frustrated

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.