Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward Visa SIgnature?

tag
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Forward Visa SIgnature?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had the regular Citi Forward Visa card since 2009. This past week I received a notice from Citi stating that they were upgrading my card to a Visa Signature. It has all the same points as the regular Forward card, with the added benefits of VS. There was no change in interest rate or annual fee ($0). I did not request this upgrade. 

Really?? I've never heard of this version. Good to know!!!

Message 11 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a Visa Signature version of this card? It's not listed on the Visa Sig website but then again I don't think their list is comprehensive either. Thanks!

Nice I can answer the question I posted a year ago Smiley Happy

I logged onto my account today and like the previous poster saw a message that a new card was on its way. I did not request one so called in to find out what was going on. They said it was an internal upgrade to Visa Sig, everything else will stay the same. Looks like the Visa Sig Forward is new since there is no mention of it yet on the Citi website.

Message 12 of 38
stone
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a Visa Signature version of this card? It's not listed on the Visa Sig website but then again I don't think their list is comprehensive either. Thanks!

I logged onto my account today and like the previous poster saw a message that a new card was on its way. I did not request one so called in to find out what was going on. They said it was an internal upgrade to Visa Sig, everything else will stay the same. Looks like the Visa Sig Forward is new since there is no mention of it yet on the Citi website.

wow! thx for the info.

Message 13 of 38
ramblin_wreck08
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had mine since December 2009, and currently have a $5.5k limit.  After seeing this, post, I logged into my account to find a message saying that a new card is on it's way.  I haven't called to confirm that it's a Visa Sig, but I can only assume so given my limit, account history, and the posts on here.  

My question is: will it still report a credit limit?  I only have 2 credit cards and 1 charge, so I really need this card to report.

Edit: I just called and was informed that they were updating me to the "latest version", which has a global chip in it.  So global chip but maybe no Visa Sig?  I guess I'll find out in 7-10 days when the card arrives.

Amex BCP $20k | PenFed Platinum Rewards VS $16.5k | Amex HHonors $10k
Message 14 of 38
andre181
Established Contributor

Interesting. No message yet for me. I'd love a chipped and Visa Sig version of this card.

I'll wait a month or so to see if it happens automatically, if not I'll call.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 15 of 38
nyancat
Established Contributor

I have a chipped version for my 5k limit one. No signature. The chip is pointless now - it's a terrible card for travel, but I wanted it to HAVE an EMV card as US merchants start turning on their EMV readers.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 16 of 38
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

@ramblin_wreck08 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had mine since December 2009, and currently have a $5.5k limit.  After seeing this, post, I logged into my account to find a message saying that a new card is on it's way.  I haven't called to confirm that it's a Visa Sig, but I can only assume so given my limit, account history, and the posts on here.  

My question is: will it still report a credit limit?  I only have 2 credit cards and 1 charge, so I really need this card to report.

Edit: I just called and was informed that they were updating me to the "latest version", which has a global chip in it.  So global chip but maybe no Visa Sig?  I guess I'll find out in 7-10 days when the card arrives.

hmm... I to just logged in only to see the same message.. I'm guessing its the same card all fo you were issued, I might call in and ask tomorrow.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 17 of 38
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@ramblin_wreck08 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Very interesting... I have the same message on mine. Lets see what the mail brings!!!

Message 18 of 38
nyancat
Established Contributor

Still no such message here. I just requested CLI's on both my Forward cards. Now one is $5,800 and the other is $4,500. Hopefully that enables me to get a Visa Signature on the $5,800 one. I'd love to have it as a Visa Signature card for purchases of electronics on Amazon!

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 19 of 38
Joesh
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had the regular Citi Forward Visa card since 2009. This past week I received a notice from Citi stating that they were upgrading my card to a Visa Signature. It has all the same points as the regular Forward card, with the added benefits of VS. There was no change in interest rate or annual fee ($0). I did not request this upgrade. 

Same here. I've had it since mid 2011, $8500 Credit limit 

AMEX BCP : $30K | Citi Forward : $15K | Citi Dividend : $14K | BoA Travel Rewards : 7K | NFL Cash Rewards : $6K | Chase Freedom : $10K | Discover IT : $6.5K | AMEX BCE: $5k | Age: 26 | Occupation: Grad Student | CreditKarma: 800TU/812EQ |
Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.