cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward Visa - slow application process - normal?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Forward Visa - slow application process - normal?

I've applied 9 business days ago. They keep telling me that it will take 7-10. Tomorrow will be 10. They won't tell me why it's taking so long. They say they are verifying information on the application. How long can that possibly take?

I will call tomorrow again day 10. What indication is this? Am I declined? Don't know what to expect.

I have a Chase Freedom and a BOA Power Rewards Visa. AAOA is 2 years 1 mth. I have an EQ credit score of 689. 

Thanks,

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Forward Visa - slow application process - normal?

@Anonymous wrote:

I've applied 9 business days ago. They keep telling me that it will take 7-10. Tomorrow will be 10. They won't tell me why it's taking so long. They say they are verifying information on the application. How long can that possibly take?

I will call tomorrow again day 10. What indication is this? Am I declined? Don't know what to expect.

I have a Chase Freedom and a BOA Power Rewards Visa. AAOA is 2 years 1 mth. I have an EQ credit score of 689. 

Thanks,

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks,

Have you moved in the last six months. If you have, Citi will ask for proof of our current address.

I kept calling them and found out within 24 hours that was the issue. It two more days to get it fixed, and then they sent the card.

By the time I got the card, about a week later, I finally got the letter from Citi asking me to send them proof of my address (I believe the letter and the card arrived on the same day).

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.