Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward and Premier Combo

tag
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Citi Forward and Premier Combo

Excuse my ignorance but the Forward and Premier seem like a great combo to have for a diner and traveler. What are your thoughts?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Forward and Premier Combo

Are they just like Freedom and CSP?
Message 2 of 10
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

5x TYP per $ spent at restaurants, music stores, movies, and books with no restrictions that I know of with the Citi Forward and 3x TYP on travel including gas with the Premier. Idk but that sounds like a great competitor to the CSP and Freedom combo. Although UR is superior in most cases.
Message 3 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

forward and premier will get you 6.25% back on dining when redeemed for travel purchases, or you can take points and transfer them.

forward and Prestige will get you 8% back on dining, Amazon, and entertainment when redeemed for aa/us flights

Message 4 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:
Are they just like Freedom and CSP?

Forward has the advantage of being uncapped (and fixed categories) so earning is easier.   Of course, it has the severe disadvantage of not being available any more, and we don't know how long the grandfathering will last.

Message 5 of 10
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Message 6 of 10
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

So my last post was deleted. May I have an explanation for it, please. I'm guessing you can't apply for the Forward and the link I found is not legitimate.
Message 7 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Jaylima91 wrote:
So my last post was deleted. May I have an explanation for it, please. I'm guessing you can't apply for the Forward and the link I found is not legitimate.

The Forward hasn't been available for over a year, and the 5x version longer than that (There was a brief period where you could get the Forward as a 1 TYP per $ card).

I personally wouldn't use a link for a discontinued card, because if it "works" you don't know what card you would actually get, but if it looks good, you can try.

Message 8 of 10
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Thank you LTL. I won't apply for it since (as you stated) I don't know what's at the end of the road with that link. I guess I should disregard this combo since it's not as valuable for me without the Forward card.
Message 9 of 10
icyhot
Valued Contributor

I wnna PC my Gold AAdvantage to the Thank you Premier for this very reason but I won't get the bonus Smiley Sad

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.