cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward application denied becasue "could not verify accuracy of information..."

tag
tiedye
New Visitor

Citi Forward application denied becasue "could not verify accuracy of information..."

Hello,

I applied for a Citi Forward card, and had to send in a copy of my SSN card, bank statements, etc to verify my application information. But after doing all that work, I just received this message.

"We recently received your application.  We are unable to

establish an account for you at this time.  The reason for

this decision is that we could not verify the accuracy

of the information provided on the application or

documentation submitted."

How should I contact them? They said to send them a physical letter with any questions which seems ridiculous.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
bigbang91
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Forward application denied becasue "could not verify accuracy of information..."

@tiedye wrote:

Hello,

I applied for a Citi Forward card, and had to send in a copy of my SSN card, bank statements, etc to verify my application information. But after doing all that work, I just received this message.

"We recently received your application.  We are unable to

establish an account for you at this time.  The reason for

this decision is that we could not verify the accuracy

of the information provided on the application or

documentation submitted."

How should I contact them? They said to send them a physical letter with any questions which seems ridiculous.

Damn, my sister apps for diamond preferred. They asked her to send in those things too, she still waiting for the notice to arrive so she can get the fax number. If they deny her I'm gonna have to hear about it for months! 

Message 2 of 4
loviedovie
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi Forward application denied becasue "could not verify accuracy of information..."

OP my 2 cents, having been approved for Forward on a recon after rejection-

Don't sit around mailing things. Get someone on the phone who can tell you exactly what evidence it is that they need to see. Call back a few times and ask this same question to a few different reps, because you will likely get different answers. Once you get an idea of what it is they want to see, they can just give you a fax number to send it to.

That's what I did and was approved the next day. I would be really surprised if they require whatever it is in postal mail..

Good luck!! Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 754
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
enharu
Super Contributor

Tiedye, its best to call the back door number AND also send in a physical letter to find out more about the situation.

You could have miswrote something on the app, or there could have been conflicting public records as opposed to the info you gave them.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.