Did you mean: 

Citi Forward approval.

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Citi Forward approval.

@Icewave76 wrote:

@android01 wrote:

I really, really wish there had been a place like these forums around when I was your age.  It could have prevented a lot of stupidity on my part, and a lot of pain down the road. 

I agree.  I went thru a couple bad years myself.  Did everything wrong that someone could do wrong (all by my own doing and lack of knowledge).  Took me many moons to get things cleared up and back in the right track.  That said, I'm now debt free, got 3 good cards, and scores in the 800s.  It's good that people have this resource available if they wish to make use of it.

lol, I was so stuck on stupid that if there had been a site like this back then, it wouldn't have done me any good. Add one flaming case of adult ADHD to lack of computer access for billpay plus a mailbox at the bottom of the driveway that was routinely rifled, and you'll wind up with an awful lot of lates.  Smiley Tongue

I got motivated to act like a grown-up in connection with my finances and credit when I realized that I'd be having to live on my own in a few more years, and that I needed to be ready for it.  Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my card today. Had a little trouble activating it through the voice prompt system. The customer service agent was really nice and activated it immediately without trying to sell me the "extras".

I get to try it out tomorrow. :-) (Responsibly of course.)

Thanks for all your awesome help here. I have learned a lot in the while I have been reading these forums.

Message 12 of 15
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you too.

Funny though because the representative I dealt with kept asking me to sign up for credit monitor service. Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 15
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

When you applied was it an instant approval for student card or did take some time for the approval process ?

Message 14 of 15
jefftca925
Established Contributor

Congratulations on the new card!!  I agree with everything HTSU said regarding using credit wisely and allowing your credit to get established.  You should only charge what you can pay off every month and don't get your self in the habit of making monthly payments for your day to day expenses.  When you get older there will be a time when you'll need to finance something large and need to make payments...but not now.  If you allow a balance to show on the "statement date" make sure that it is only around 10% or less but no more than 30%.  Citi does like usage and it will help to increase your CL down the road.

Read the thread on how "FICO High Achievers" get their scores.  That will give you some great info on how you too can get a great credit score.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.