cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward denied...tried recon. Any successes out there?

tag
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi Forward denied...tried recon. Any successes out there?

@creditballer wrote:

Update: (SUCCESSFUL RECON)  Female from Citibank Exec Ofc called me back today and said I was APPROVED!! I will get my CitiForward in 7-10 daysSmiley Very Happy  

Now, I don't really want the Forward card...I would prefer the Diamond MC w/15 mos zero int...do you think they will change it?

I don't know how Citi is with PCs (hopefully others can weigh in), but especially after recon, I would just keep it. If it's any help, I have a Forward and on my Citibank account page, it says that I have a BT offer available. It's actually kind of nice because I can control when it is added to my card. None of my options are 15 months, but I do have a 0% APR BT and new purchases offer. If that is all right for you, I would see if you get that and if not then start  looking into switching to the Diamond Preferred.

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 21 of 27
creditballer
Regular Contributor

@sengpatt wrote:

@creditballer wrote:

Update: (SUCCESSFUL RECON)  Female from Citibank Exec Ofc called me back today and said I was APPROVED!! I will get my CitiForward in 7-10 daysSmiley Very Happy  

Now, I don't really want the Forward card...I would prefer the Diamond MC w/15 mos zero int...do you think they will change it?

I don't know how Citi is with PCs (hopefully others can weigh in), but especially after recon, I would just keep it. If it's any help, I have a Forward and on my Citibank account page, it says that I have a BT offer available. It's actually kind of nice because I can control when it is added to my card. None of my options are 15 months, but I do have a 0% APR BT and new purchases offer. If that is all right for you, I would see if you get that and if not then start  looking into switching to the Diamond Preferred.

Hi Sengpatt, 

Yes I am really happy about the success of the recon and I just had to ask...either way, I will take the Citi Forward if  I can't PC. I'm really interested in the BT option too. I'll see what happens..i left a msg on her phone and I hope to talk w/her today and I'll update..thanks  

Last App Oct 2013...applied and received Amex PRG and Blue Sky!
FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Goal: 800
Message 22 of 27
LesWH
Established Contributor

@creditballer wrote:

@sengpatt wrote:

@creditballer wrote:

Hi Sengpatt, 

Yes I am really happy about the success of the recon and I just had to ask...either way, I will take the Citi Forward if  I can't PC. I'm really interested in the BT option too. I'll see what happens..i left a msg on her phone and I hope to talk w/her today and I'll update..thanks  

I have Citi AAdvantage AMEX. I messaged regular CS and got 0% on both BT and purchases for a year. Give it a try on your card. You may be surprised.

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 23 of 27
loviedovie
Regular Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

@creditballer wrote:

@sengpatt wrote:

@creditballer wrote:

Hi Sengpatt, 

I have Citi AAdvantage AMEX. I messaged regular CS and got 0% on both BT and purchases for a year. Give it a try on your card. You may be surprised.

Hi all, I am new to credit and just wondering what a BT is?

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 754
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 27
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Balance transfer
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 25 of 27
creditballer
Regular Contributor

Just spoke to Exec Ofc...I would have to wait to receive Forward card, before asking for a different card, and I would not be eligible for any promotions until they are offered. I'm gonna accept the Forward card and work with it for now and PC later...i'm thankful for the recon success! 

FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Message 26 of 27
creditballer
Regular Contributor

okay will do  thanks!

FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.