Powahh

Citi Forward denied

They pulled EX and this is the reason they gave:

As of September/2011 your credit score is 0957.  Credit
 scores range from a low of 0 to a high of 999  The Key
 factors that adversely affected your credit score are:
 o   Your credit report shows too few credit references.
 o   Your credit report shows your accounts have a low credit
 limit.
 o   Your credit report shows too many accounts were opened
 recently.

I guess they are looking for score of 999 based on their model :smileyhappy:

I have 1 year of credit history:

9/2010 WF Secured (CL $1000)

1/2011 CapitalOne Platinum (CL $750 (started at $500), no AF version - preapproved)

8/2011 BofA Cash Rewards (CL $2500, preapproved)

Inquiries: TU 2, EX 6, EQ 1 (before apping for Citi Forward).

I also applied for Chase Freedom on the same day before Citi Forward and they approved me for $6000 CL.

I closed WF Secured yesterday as they ware not going to graduate it after 1 year and I was not willing to pay AF.

I guess I'll try Priceline 2% VISA now before Chase Freedom reports screwing my already low AAoA.

Valued Contributor
tntexans72

Re: Citi Forward denied

1yr of credit history and you got approved by Chase for $6000? WOW!! That is a rare case and congrats! Chase is a very conservative lender.....you should be happy and garden. With 1 yr of credit history and a new CL from Chase for 6K, you are not going to get more lenders committing to you, unless you have a big salary or HHI. Garden for 6 months than app for another card you want....GL.

Powahh

Which backdoor number should I call for recon?

Citi: 888-201-4523 (New App Approval Status)?

I figure it's worth giving it a try.

Established Member
aclockworkgeorge

im surprised chase gave you a decent limit, but citi nothing. i assumed chase was harder to get in with than citi. 

kind of lame since i want the forward in about a year, and i would have similar credit history to you(in a year probably $750 cap1, $1000+ amazon store, $2000 Boa). maybe ill wait until 18 months of history and some more CLIs. 

let us know how it goes when you talk to citi on the phone. i would definitely mention the fact that chase game you $6000 freedom, but they might need to see it report on your credit reports.

Powahh

Recon did not work. Tried 2 times, asked for supervisor the second time.

They said I should wait a year and let my accounts age.

Regular Contributor
damet

They probably denied you mainly due to the amount of inq u have

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}