Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward for College Students & No Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Forward for College Students & No Credit

I'm a 20-year-old college junior with absolutely no credit history whatsoever. I earned $9700 this year and around $8000 last year (plus I have $10k in savings), but most of my income comes from self-employment and thus would be hard to verify. About $2000 of my income comes from a verifiable job on-campus. The rest is Internet from freelance writing and my online business.

After looking through all my options, Citi Forward card for college students looks like the best card for me.
1. Do I have a good chance of being approved for this card?
2. Should I list all of my income or only the parts I can easily verify?
3. What documents would I need to verify my income? Again I only have a W-2 for my on-campus job.
4. Are there any other cards I should look at?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi Forward for College Students & No Credit

I applied for a citi card back when i had no credit history and a full time job.. However they declined me, this was about 3 years ago and things might have changed, but you might have a better chance with the Cap1 Student card (I was approved with an initial $500 line and put on the credit steps program). Theres no annual fee plus you earn 1% back on all purchases, not bad for a starter card.

Good Luck.

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Most likely Citi will not ask for income verification... so i would list all your income and put your job down as your part time job not self employed.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi never verified my income. I was honest and put just under $8000 for last year. They allow you to add scholarships and grants as well as normal income. You could list and verify that easily.

Message 4 of 5
Gh0st
Contributor

I applied to the citiforward about two years ago and got declined too without any history . Did get approved for a jcpneny card and a captial one. Year later, applied again and got approved for $4000.  I guess you could try your luck and apply to 3 cards as I did. Besides that, try and read up on this wonderful site. A lot of information for new users Smiley Happy

.Believe.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.