Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward for Students question

tag
Reese2107
Valued Member

Citi Forward for Students question

I got my card a coue days ago. I registered it online...and i can login online, however when j tried to go to the link to viee/ redeem any rewsrds i get an error message staging i have to be prinary cardholder and blah blah. Tried the call center....worthless. anyone had this problem? I have not used the card yet...i was just curious if anyone else had this problem?

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ: 664 TU: 673 EX: 700
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Cards: Citi Forward (Students): $1.5k, Wells Fargo Secured: $2k, Kay Jewelers: $300, BoA Cash Rewards (Students): $700, Buckle: $250
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Citi Forward for Students question

Yes, I think that almost always happens at the start.   You can create an account on the ThankYou site, but I think the problem fixes itself after a while (basically the two sites syncing up)

Message 2 of 4
Reese2107
Valued Member

Ok. We..i try to do that when i get home from work. The call center just transferred me abojt four times so i just hung up. I just thought it was weird j couldnt access it thrpugh the citi online credentials...ill try to make a seperatr acciunt on tge thank you websitr then.

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ: 664 TU: 673 EX: 700
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Cards: Citi Forward (Students): $1.5k, Wells Fargo Secured: $2k, Kay Jewelers: $300, BoA Cash Rewards (Students): $700, Buckle: $250
Message 3 of 4
sergi0wned
Contributor

I had that same issue when I joined. I called and ended up getting transferred to the Thank You rewards department. The first person wasn't very helpful, but when I called again in two hours I got someone who was able to register an account for me. She gave me 1,000 TY points for my inconvenience which was pretty sweet. To clarify, she signed me up on the ThankYou website (rather than through Citi), but the points reflect on the Citi site now. Strangely, I still can't go through the Citi website though, so hopefully that kink will work itself out.

I would recommend trying a different browser (Firefox or Internet Explorer) to access the ThankYou website, then try to sign up for a ThankYou accountl. That's ultimately what worked for me.

20 years old | 4 Cards in my wallet | TU (3/28/14) 743
January 2013 - 1st Financial Bank USA Platinum VISA ($500 --> $1,500)
June 2013- Discover IT Student ($1,500 --> $1,800 --> $2,100), Citi Forward Student ($1,500 --> $2,900)
December 2013 - Macy's American Express ($1,000 --> $3,000)
February 2014 - American Express Blue Cash Everyday ($3,000), Chase Freedom ($2,000)
April 2014 - Sallie Mae MasterCard ($3,800)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.