Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward -> TY Preferred

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Forward -> TY Preferred

Been a customer for about 7 years. You're right, I've spoken to a lot of overseas people that could care less about helping. But I've always had excellent service from managers. 

Message 21 of 45
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Here's a thread on my story, in which I successfully converted from the Forward product to the Double Cash, clutching victory from the seemingly certain jaws of defeat:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Citi-TYP-gt-DC-SUCCESS/td-p/5135707

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 22 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Successfully got my typ converted to a DC before they sent the typ in the mail! Had an overseas rep on the phone, but there wasn't any hassle.

Message 23 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Successfully got my typ converted to a DC before they sent the typ in the mail! Had an overseas rep on the phone, but there wasn't any hassle.

Did they transfer you to a manager in the states before finalizing the PC? 

Message 24 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, I didn't get transferred at all. It was pretty straightforward. They had to read the changes in the reward structure of the card, and you say "yes" to continue on, but that was pretty much it.

Message 25 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Nope, I didn't get transferred at all. It was pretty straightforward. They had to read the changes in the reward structure of the card, and you say "yes" to continue on, but that was pretty much it.

Interesting. I wonder if there's a way to get around the one year minimum rule. 

My test: If I call at 2:30 am EST and get a non-business hours (foreign) rep, I wonder if they're ignorant enough to push the PC through when there aren't any U.S managers working. 

Message 26 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit report got updated and now it reflects the new card number. The BIN was 412800 last month but now it's been changed to 542418. All account histories (date opened, payment history, etc.) are preserved, and there is no closed account reporting, so just the same account with a different account number. From the account type it appears to be a regular MasterCard, not a World MasterCard with no preset spending limit.

citiforward.png

Message 27 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got my DC card in the mail and turns out it was a World Elite. Probably doesn't make much of a difference to me, but I figured it's nice to know.

Message 28 of 45
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Got my DC card in the mail and turns out it was a World Elite. Probably doesn't make much of a difference to me, but I figured it's nice to know.

Then it's time to update your signature. Smiley Wink

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 29 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received my ThankYou Preferred card and it's a World MasterCard despite being reported as "CREDIT CARD" instead of "FLEXIBLE SPENDING CREDIT CARD" right now.citi-ty-preferred.jpg

Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.