cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward -> TY Preferred

Valued Member

Re: Citi Forward -> TY Preferred

Been a customer for about 7 years. You're right, I've spoken to a lot of overseas people that could care less about helping. But I've always had excellent service from managers. 

Goals: FICO of 800+; Costco Anywhere Visa
Garden Club Member: 12/2017 until 12/2018
As of 12/2017: EX98 763 | EX08 741 | TU08 762 | EQBank08 758
Message 21 of 26
Regular Contributor

Here's a thread on my story, in which I successfully converted from the Forward product to the Double Cash, clutching victory from the seemingly certain jaws of defeat:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Citi-TYP-gt-DC-SUCCESS/td-p/5135707

Gardening 'til that miserable 30-day late drops in Q1 2019 ... and my 'New Credit' FICO component crawls out of the gutter.

2019 Goal: 800+
2018 Goal: return to or exceed the 750+ scores of my more fiscally responsible 2010 self

EQ7516 INQ (3 CC, 2 mort, 1 car)
EX7277 INQ (3 CC, 2 HELoan, 2 mort)
TU7895 INQ (3 CC, 2 mort)
4/24 < 5% AAoA 8y 2mo
Message 22 of 26

Successfully got my typ converted to a DC before they sent the typ in the mail! Had an overseas rep on the phone, but there wasn't any hassle.

Citi Forward $6700
BofA BBR $1700
Message 23 of 26
Valued Contributor

omtjokes wrote:

Successfully got my typ converted to a DC before they sent the typ in the mail! Had an overseas rep on the phone, but there wasn't any hassle.

Did they transfer you to a manager in the states before finalizing the PC? 

Amazon Store Card - 3.7k / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred - 1k / AMEX Delta - 3.4k / AMEX Hilton Honors - 1.2K / Capital One Quicksilver - 15k / Citi ThankYou Premier - 5.6k / Citi AT&T 4.6k / Citi AAdvantage Platinum - 6.5k / Citi Simplicity - 4.6k / Empower MasterCard - 1k / Navy Federal Flagship - 10k / USAA Limitless - 5k / USAA Rate Advantage - 2k (previously 5k)
Message 24 of 26

Nope, I didn't get transferred at all. It was pretty straightforward. They had to read the changes in the reward structure of the card, and you say "yes" to continue on, but that was pretty much it.

Citi Forward $6700
BofA BBR $1700
Message 25 of 26
Valued Contributor

omtjokes wrote:

Nope, I didn't get transferred at all. It was pretty straightforward. They had to read the changes in the reward structure of the card, and you say "yes" to continue on, but that was pretty much it.

Interesting. I wonder if there's a way to get around the one year minimum rule. 

My test: If I call at 2:30 am EST and get a non-business hours (foreign) rep, I wonder if they're ignorant enough to push the PC through when there aren't any U.S managers working. 

Amazon Store Card - 3.7k / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred - 1k / AMEX Delta - 3.4k / AMEX Hilton Honors - 1.2K / Capital One Quicksilver - 15k / Citi ThankYou Premier - 5.6k / Citi AT&T 4.6k / Citi AAdvantage Platinum - 6.5k / Citi Simplicity - 4.6k / Empower MasterCard - 1k / Navy Federal Flagship - 10k / USAA Limitless - 5k / USAA Rate Advantage - 2k (previously 5k)
Message 26 of 26