cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward not all Amazon considered bookstore?

tag
shinedown87
Regular Contributor

Citi Forward not all Amazon considered bookstore?

Previously all of my Amazon purchases made with my Citi Forward card received 5x ThankYou Points, but I noticed on my last statement, the bonus points I was awarded was lower than I though it should be. I sent a secured message to Citi to try and get it resolved. I got the following response:

"Our records show that not all of your Amazon transactions were bookstore purchases as declared by the merchant. These purchases were therefore not eligible for Bonus ThankYou Points under your promotional offer."

For those of you who also have the Citi Forward, has this been the case in your experience? I was caught offguard because for the past 6 months or so since I have had the card (PC from different card), all my Amazon purchases were awarded the 5x ThankYou points.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Forward not all Amazon considered bookstore?

All Amazon purchases received 5% for me last month. I ordered a few health care and automotive items. But clearly this is a YMMV, and you aren't the first person to report losing the 5% on Amazon.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.