Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward to What? Suggestions?

tag
Sooners2013
Regular Contributor

Citi Forward to What? Suggestions?

I have had a Citi Forward since college and want to change it to another Citicard.  Any suggestions?   I have the Citi AA WEMC and the Citi AA Executive WEMC now as well. So what would the suggestions be?   I dont think the Forward that starts as a college account grows much.  It went from $500 to now $3,000 and has stayed there.  My Exec is $20,000 and my AA WEMC is $15,000 and I have only had those a year.  I have had the forward for years.   Thanks for the help? 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Forward to What? Suggestions?

Do you get 5x on dining?
Message 2 of 19
Sooners2013
Regular Contributor

In the last year they have gutted most of the good rewards for the card.  Its like they want you to change. 

Message 3 of 19
leoment
Frequent Contributor

@Sooners2013 wrote:

In the last year they have gutted most of the good rewards for the card.  Its like they want you to change. 

NO - If you have the 5x card, it hasn't been nerfed (yet).  So it's still good for 5% uncapped on restaurants/amazon/movies!  I wouldn't product change at ALL - so many people would app for that card up even if they only offered a 1 hour window! Smiley Very Happy

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@leoment wrote:

@Sooners2013 wrote:

NO - If you have the 5x card, it hasn't been nerfed (yet).  So it's still good for 5% uncapped on restaurants/amazon/movies!  I wouldn't product change at ALL - so many people would app for that card up even if they only offered a 1 hour window! Smiley Very Happy

Lol. People from myFICO alone would cause the site to crash.

Message 5 of 19
mikelo22
Established Contributor

@leoment wrote:

@Sooners2013 wrote:

LOL, could you imagine if they did something like this? Their site would instantly crash. Smiley Very Happy

Re: The Citi Forward. First check and see if you still get 5x dining/entertainment/amazon still. If so, then definitely keep the card because there is no other 5x dining card on the market and the Forward is now grandfathered. 

If you have the nerfed version (just 1x everything), then you can consider PCing. From my experiences talking with Citi CSR's, the options for PCing a Forward are extremely limited. You have to stay in the TY network, so either Thank You Preferred or Thank You Premier. But if you did that, you miss out on the signup bonuses that these cards offer. 

As an anecdote, I too applied for the Citi Forward College version. It's still 5x and it started at a 1k limit and has grown to $5k now over two years from me requesting SP CLI's every 6 months. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 19
leoment
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@leoment wrote:

@Sooners2013 wrote:

Lol. People from myFICO alone would cause the site to crash.

I'd bet $20 and a freebie app to Credit One that if it opened up right now I know at least Nixon would leave the garden to app for it Smiley Very Happy

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikelo22 wrote:

@leoment wrote:

@Sooners2013 wrote:

LOL, could you imagine if they did something like this? Their site would instantly crash. Smiley Very Happy

Re: The Citi Forward. First check and see if you still get 5x dining/entertainment/amazon still. If so, then definitely keep the card because there is no other 5x dining card on the market and the Forward is now grandfathered. 

If you have the nerfed version (just 1x everything), then you can consider PCing. From my experiences talking with Citi CSR's, the options for PCing a Forward are extremely limited. You have to stay in the TY network, so either Thank You Preferred or Thank You Premier. But if you did that, you miss out on the signup bonuses that these cards offer. 

As an anecdote, I too applied for the Citi Forward College version. It's still 5x and it started at a 1k limit and has grown to $5k now over two years from me requesting SP CLI's every 6 months. Smiley Happy

I have the gutted version of it Smiley Sad But it was my first card. I've tried talking to CSRs (and messaged Citi Help on twitter directly) about PCing the card but they say that the Forward isn't valid to be converted to another card... I have so little use for it because I'd rather put my spending on my AMEX or SM (or anything else really), and I already have a TY Preferred (and don't want to put down $$ for the AF of the Premier). Am I just stuck with this card until they nerf it entirely?  

Message 8 of 19
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Out of curiosity, before things were gutted, what was the difference between the two versions? What was the deciding factor on whether or not one's version of the card got nerfed?

Message 9 of 19
mikelo22
Established Contributor

@-Cal- wrote:

Out of curiosity, before things were gutted, what was the difference between the two versions? What was the deciding factor on whether or not one's version of the card got nerfed?

No substantive difference that I'm aware of. I am guessing College version started with lower limits, but mine has grown over the past two years just fine with no sign of a 'cap'.

Deciding factor in which Foward's got nerfed and which didn't I believe depends on when you applied for it. But I'm not exactly sure what the cutoff date is/was.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.