Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward, what they pull?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Forward, what they pull?

Well, finally couldn't wait and applied, got the further processing message. I read on the forum that a lot of people got this and then they were approved, so now I'll have to wait to see what happens.

Message 11 of 30
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, finally couldn't wait and applied, got the further processing message. I read on the forum that a lot of people got this and then they were approved, so now I'll have to wait to see what happens.

try calling the backdoor number to get information.  you can always tell them you got the wait message and want to know if there's anything else they need from you.

Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called, computer says I was declined, but right now I'm on hold waiting for a recon, hope it works

Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called 18882014523, selected option 2 that is for declined application, the explanantion was that I don;t have enough card, that Forward is a prime card?, I have three cards, one secured Public savings $250 limit, Macys, don't know the limit, Gap, $300, no baddies, just one inquire on EX and EQ  respectively. Scores EQ 660 EX 673, did I called the right number or there's another one?. Anyway, thanks.

Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I called 18882014523, selected option 2 that is for declined application, the explanantion was that I don;t have enough card, that Forward is a prime card?, I have three cards, one secured Public savings $250 limit, Macys, don't know the limit, Gap, $300, no baddies, just one inquire on EX and EQ  respectively. Scores EQ 660 EX 673, did I called the right number or there's another one?. Anyway, thanks.

You need to call the credit department which the # is in the BD thread at the top of the forum that department is closed your gonna have to wait until Monday to talk to them. I'm not sure how Citi is with recons but good luck

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks mjbfan79, I'll try that number Monday morning, hope it works, cause really the explanation the rep gave me was ridiculous

Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

They always pull EX for me. I had been denied 2 times in the past for having limited history. I freezed EX two weeks ago and apped for it again. They sent letter requesting me temporarily unfreeze EX but I knew I will be denied again so I will just let it go. I might app again until they choose alternate bereaus or until next year when i will unfreeze EX, whatever come first.
Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

good luck on recon, I try recon 5-6 times and they won't budge.
Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have faith that they will approve me, the thing is how I'll wait till monday? Do anyone have any suggestion on what to say when I call?. One of the things that I will mention are the two accounts, checking and savings that I have with them

Message 19 of 30
iFICO
Valued Member

It may be that you don't currently have an unsecured Visa / MC and they may be denying you for that reason.  If you have no luck with Citi, then you could possibly consider a local credit union to get an unsecured Visa / MC.  Then you can try with Citi again in 6-12 months.  Either way, good luck with the recon!

Starting Score: TU698 EQ691
Current Score: TU800 EQ816
Goal Score: achieved

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.