Valued Contributor

Citi Forward

Hi all,

I did a search here, but couldn't find what I'm looking for.  I'm considering a PC from my Citi Dividend Platinum Select to Citi Forward.  I read that you get 5 ThankYou points for every $1 you spend in a restaurant with Citi Forward.  I thought 1 TY point was equivalent to about $0.60?  Obviously that can't be right, or every dollar you spend in a restaurant gets a $3 return.

What is the correct conversion to cash?

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Forward

ptr2593 wrote:

Hi all,

I did a search here, but couldn't find what I'm looking for.  I'm considering a PC from my Citi Dividend Platinum Select to Citi Forward.  I read that you get 5 ThankYou points for every $1 you spend in a restaurant with Citi Forward.  I thought 1 TY point was equivalent to about $0.60?  Obviously that can't be right, or every dollar you spend in a restaurant gets a $3 return.

For cash and statement credits, the rate varies from 0.600 cents/point (3% of bonus categories) to 0.714 cents/point (3.57% of bonus categories) cents.

The conversion rate is 1.000 cent/point (5% of bonus categories)  for "student loan rebates" and "mortgage rebates" -- where Citi Bank cuts a check to your lender. These rates were lower (~0.8 centers/point), but they recently increased them.

Valued Contributor

stan_the_man wrote:

ptr2593 wrote:

Hi all,

For cash and statement credits, the rate varies from 0.600 cents/point (3% of bonus categories) to 0.714 cents/point (3.57% of bonus categories) cents.

The conversion rate is 1.000 cent/point (5% of bonus categories)  for "student loan rebates" and "mortgage rebates" -- where Citi Bank cuts a check to your lender. These rates were lower (~0.8 centers/point), but they recently increased them.

Oh ok, thank you.

I must have misread ".6 cents" for ".6 dollars" the first time I read about Forward.

In My Wallet:

In My Sockdrawer:
Established Contributor

ptr2593 wrote:

stan_the_man wrote:

ptr2593 wrote:

Hi all,

Oh ok, thank you.

I must have misread ".6 cents" for ".6 dollars" the first time I read about Forward.

Make sure when you are discussing the product change with Citi that you will be getting the 5x bonus for the dining/bookstore/etc categories. From my experience, when I attempted do do a product change they were only going to give me 2x bonus as it was not a new application. The CSRs seem to go back and forth on this.

FICO: EX: 743 (10/14); TU: 758 (9/14); EQ 721 (9/14)

In My Wallet: Amex X 5 | Barclays X 3 | BOA X 1 | CapOne X 3 | Chase X 3 | Citi X 7 | DCU X 1 | Discover X 1 | Fidelity X 1 | Fifth Third X 1 | Macys X 1 | PenFed X 1 | PSECU X 1 | Sams Club MC X 1 | Target RedCard X 1 | USAA X 2 | US Bank X 1 | Walmart X 1 | Wells Fargo X 1 = 36 Cards

Holding off apps until the end of the year! Wish me luck!
Valued Contributor

UFGuy2006 wrote:

ptr2593 wrote:

stan_the_man wrote:

ptr2593 wrote:

Hi all,

Oh ok, thank you.

Make sure when you are discussing the product change with Citi that you will be getting the 5x bonus for the dining/bookstore/etc categories. From my experience, when I attempted do do a product change they were only going to give me 2x bonus as it was not a new application. The CSRs seem to go back and forth on this.

Thanks for the heads up about that.  I'm probably going to call later in the week, but before I do, I just want to make sure I'm understanding this right.  At restaurants the 5 TY points is essentially 3% cash back and 3.57% statement credit.

In My Wallet:

In My Sockdrawer:

i'm not sure all the info in this thread is correct.

mortgage credit is 5%

student credit is 5%

most gift cards are over 4%, chilis right now is 5%

Kohls non-visa $1,000 (lol) * Gap Visa $1,000 * Barclay NFL Visa Sig $2,800 * Walmart Discover $4,200 * Chase BP 5%/2%/1% VIsa $4,500 * American Express Preferred Blue 6%/3%/1% $5,700 * CapOne 2% Everyday Rewards MC $10,000 * Discover More 5% $10,000 * Chase AARP 5%/3% Visa $10,000 * Citi Dividend 5% MC $10,400 * Wells Fargo 1% $15,000 * Citi Forward 5% Visa $15,000 * Chase Freedom 5% Visa $18,700 * Chase Amazon 3%/2%/1% Visa Sig $19,100 (NPSL) * FIA 529 2% Amex $25,000 * PNC Everyday Rewards 4%/3%/2%/1% Visa $25,000 * PenFed 5%/1% Plat Visa $31,000 *
Walmart TU FICO--769 (10/17/11) Chase CLI EQ FICO--766 (10/25/11) Credit Sesame EX FAKO--805 (10/6/11)
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

CulpeperMike wrote:

i'm not sure all the info in this thread is correct.

mortgage credit is 5%

student credit is 5%

most gift cards are over 4%, chilis right now is 5%

mortgage/student credit 5% on restaurant purchases?  I'm mostly trying to figure out if the exchange rate (to cash, or statement credit) is better than the 1% I already get with AMEX/Chase.  All I know is $1 spent at a restaurant = 5TY points and judging from above it seems like 5TY points is equivalent to almost $0.04 on statement credit.  So almost 4% back cash back.

In My Wallet:

In My Sockdrawer:
Contributor

Don't forget the 5x points on Amazon as well.

Starting Score: EX FICO: Unknown EQ FICO: 717 TU (CreditKarma): 713
Current Score: EX FICO: 737 EQ FICO: 752 TU (CreditKarma): 717
Goal Score: EX FICO: 760 EQ FICO: 760 TU (CreditKarma): 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

i guess i was giving you the 1-1 relationship on anything that is 5 TYP which for the 1-1 relationship equates to 5%.

that includes:

restaurant

books (amazon)

theater

video stores

record stores

some equivalencies are at 3.5% (cash, statement credit), most gift cards are 4.1% at a minimum if you use 10k TYP, other gift cards will be 5% (chilis) for 10k TYP, and then mortgage payback and student loan are 5% based on the 5 TYPs.

all of this can be seen on the thank you rewards page if you click around a bit. 

personally i have a lot of CC's and probably almost every high end rewards card and i consider this to be a top 5 card easily.  use the crap outta this puppy!

Kohls non-visa $1,000 (lol) * Gap Visa $1,000 * Barclay NFL Visa Sig $2,800 * Walmart Discover $4,200 * Chase BP 5%/2%/1% VIsa $4,500 * American Express Preferred Blue 6%/3%/1% $5,700 * CapOne 2% Everyday Rewards MC $10,000 * Discover More 5% $10,000 * Chase AARP 5%/3% Visa $10,000 * Citi Dividend 5% MC $10,400 * Wells Fargo 1% $15,000 * Citi Forward 5% Visa $15,000 * Chase Freedom 5% Visa $18,700 * Chase Amazon 3%/2%/1% Visa Sig $19,100 (NPSL) * FIA 529 2% Amex $25,000 * PNC Everyday Rewards 4%/3%/2%/1% Visa $25,000 * PenFed 5%/1% Plat Visa $31,000 *
Walmart TU FICO--769 (10/17/11) Chase CLI EQ FICO--766 (10/25/11) Credit Sesame EX FAKO--805 (10/6/11)
Valued Contributor

CulpeperMike wrote:

i guess i was giving you the 1-1 relationship on anything that is 5 TYP which for the 1-1 relationship equates to 5%.

that includes:

restaurant

books (amazon)

theater

video stores

record stores

some equivalencies are at 3.5% (cash, statement credit), most gift cards are 4.1% at a minimum if you use 10k TYP, other gift cards will be 5% (chilis) for 10k TYP, and then mortgage payback and student loan are 5% based on the 5 TYPs.

all of this can be seen on the thank you rewards page if you click around a bit. 

personally i have a lot of CC's and probably almost every high end rewards card and i consider this to be a top 5 card easily.  use the crap outta this puppy!

This is the exact info I was looking for :smileyhappy:  I will call and see if I can PC (and make sure i will get 5TY as if it was a new app) sometime soon!  Will update!

Thanks!!

In My Wallet:

In My Sockdrawer:
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.