Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Gangster Move on A Close And CLI.

tag
adelphi_sky
Frequent Contributor

Citi Gangster Move on A Close And CLI.

I sent Citi a private message inquiring if I could have available credit transferred from one card I wanted to close to another. Basically, I had $6k available credit on Hilton Honors that I wanted to transfer to Prestige. Hilton Honors balance was $0. Even if it was a partial transfer. Then I would like to close the Hilton Honors. Well, three days later and NO communication with me whatsoever, my Hilton Honors card disappeared from my account page and NO credit line increase for Prestige. Well **bleep**. NO one decided to call or send a reply to my message to tell me they couldn't grant the CLI and confirm if I would still like to close the other account? 

Gangster! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Gangster Move on A Close And CLI.

That is very Gangster for Citi to do that. That is a normal request you asked for and shouldn't have been an issue. I am sorry thishas happened to you. I hope you call and see what is going on, especially if you have have had a clean coount with them. I have used them in the past and I never trust them, keep paper trails.

Message 2 of 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Apparently Citi said No Soup for you!. That would suck to happen but i think sometimes when moving limits probably best to call and speak with someone rather than rely on a sm. Hope you get it back!
Message 3 of 4
adelphi_sky
Frequent Contributor

Yeah. Next time I'll speak with a person. I'm just surprised that they closed an account without any confirmation and apparently denied my CLI with no explanation. They have been rather stingy with CLI for my prestige account for some reason. I've asked for $500 a few years ago and nada. I've been turned down like three times. Yet, in the past year, I've received upwards of $50k in new CLs from Chase, Amex, and Citi combined. I just don't get it.

I plan to close my Citi AAdvantage by the end of the year. Then I'll just have Costco and Prestige with Citi.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.