Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi ≠ Good Customer Service

tag
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Citi ≠ Good Customer Service

Hey Guys!

I really enjoy this forum, everyone is so willing to help! I thought I would share my experience with a recent credit card I opened. I currently own Discover, Amex, BoA, Cap 1, Chase & Citi credit cards. I have chosen cards that I plan on sticking with for the long haul. I have acquired two new cards every year since I opened my Cap 1. The last two cards to arrive have been the Citi & Chase. Now personally I find the best customer support comes from Discover, not to say the other cards are lacking, but Discover is my personal favorite (regarding CS not rewards or benefits.) Now Chase was quite friendly and knowledgeable when activating my card, so I'm happy with their support so far. Now Citi on the other hand.... wow. They are on the same level as Cap 1 for me. I talked to 6 different people when activating my card, they were all incompetent. They could not tell me why my Credit Score was not included in my "welcome package" or what the terms of my APR were. Other simple questions seemed to get a "can I put you on hold" response. Not very happy to say the least. Good CL though. If I knew this when I was applying I would have chosen another creditor. Take it with a grain of salt, since I could have experienced some bad luck Smiley Tongue

Thanks to everyone for the interesting topics and answers!

Sean

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi ≠ Good Customer Service

Usually if no credit score is given it's b/c they gave you the best APR possible.

Message 2 of 4
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Discover has exclusive US based customer service reps, select Chase products offer that too. However Citi is 99% Philippines based reps, they are very friendly but I feel too robotic and limited. They seem to strictly adhere to very narrow scripts and can't properly assist when your question is outside their toolset.

Message 3 of 4
laz98
Senior Contributor

Sorry to hear about your rough introduction to Citi!  I recently had a surprisingly good encounter with them, so I currently hold a positive opinion of them Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.