Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi HHonors Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi HHonors Card

We are trying to Rebuild/Repair our credit. This is the deal, we have very little debt that we will have paid off shortly after the first of next year. My question is this. In the "Get a credit card section" My DH had the Citi HHonors card listed. His scores are 631 tu 640 eq 634 ex BK in 2006 which if my memory serves correctly had a Citi involved, but is not showing on any of the 3 bureaus. My question is this, with us trying to rebuild and repair is it worth the inquiry for him to apply and possibly get denied to transfer balances to the lower rate. My scores are low for high balances which would help my scores to txfr them, and it would help us pay the balances faster with the lower rate. I just don't want him to have the hard inquiry if his chances are slim to none for approval, and we definitely don't want "more" credit ... maybe just "better" credit if it's an option. Thanks.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi HHonors Card

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, TT, but Citi does not have a reputation of being BK-friendly. 

Also, some creditors "blacklist" former customers with derogatory accounts with them so just because the discharged account no longer shows on your reports doesn't mean that the creditor doesn't still have a record of the account.

Keep working on getting baddies off your reports and keeping your UTL low.  Also, continue to pay everything on time.  Before you know it prime lenders will be knocking down your door.

Good luck!!

Message Edited by lurknomore on 06-04-2008 10:31 AM
Message 2 of 3
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Citi HHonors Card

Your scores might be low for HH. Try again when the scores are around 670-690 range.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.