Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi HHonors Reserve - Question about account setup

tag
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

Citi HHonors Reserve - Question about account setup

Hello,

So I just received my Citi HHonors Reserve card in the mail today.  

I activated it on the phone, and set up an account online....which was my first mistake...I should have just linked it to my current Citi account....but oh well, know I have two logins.

Anyway...do I now need to set up an account with HHonors?  I see on the HHonors site where I would do that...but I wonder if that's already set up by Citi?

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi HHonors Reserve - Question about account setup

@toothgrind3r wrote:

Hello,

I activated it on the phone, and set up an account online....which was my first mistake...I should have just linked it to my current Citi account....but oh well, know I have two logins.

Anyway...do I now need to set up an account with HHonors?  I see on the HHonors site where I would do that...but I wonder if that's already set up by Citi?

You actually did it right.  You can't link Hilton cards to your other Citi cards.  It's annoying, I tried going all the way up with their technical assistance team and nobody could do it.

When you applied did you enter an HHonors number or did you leave it blank?

Message 2 of 6
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@toothgrind3r wrote:

Hello,

You actually did it right.  You can't link Hilton cards to your other Citi cards.  It's annoying, I tried going all the way up with their technical assistance team and nobody could do it.

Oh okay, good (but annoying)...that saves me a call too to see if I could merge the account with my current account.

I wasn't a member of HHonors when I applied.  Still not Smiley Happy  Wanted to check here before I signed up.

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 3 of 6
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@toothgrind3r wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@toothgrind3r wrote:

Hello,

Oh okay, good (but annoying)...that saves me a call too to see if I could merge the account with my current account.

I wasn't a member of HHonors when I applied.  Still not Smiley Happy  Wanted to check here before I signed up.

Wait for them to send you the HHonors membership info.  If you create one now it will cause more headache trying to merge two accounts.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:

@toothgrind3r wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@toothgrind3r wrote:

Hello,

Wait for them to send you the HHonors membership info.  If you create one now it will cause more headache trying to merge two accounts.

Potentially unrelated but when I apped for the SWA Premier, They found my existing RapidRewards account.

Message 5 of 6
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@toothgrind3r wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@toothgrind3r wrote:

Hello,

Thanks!  This is why I check with you all first Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.