Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi HHonors Visa Signature APPROVED

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi HHonors Visa Signature APPROVED

Well, I finally caved last night and apped for the Citi HHonors Visa card. I was worried since I have two other Citi cards at nice limits they'd give me a low limit gold version of the card. When I applied I got the "we'll let you know" type of response. Fast forward to today, approved for the Signature card at an $11k limit. I can't believe it!!! Now I need to spend $1k within four months to get 40,000 in bonus points. Shouldn't be a problem. I'm super excited, so thought I'd share!!!!! I also have the AMEX HHonors, not sure if that helped or not...
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Re: Citi HHonors Visa Signature APPROVED

Why did you get another HHonors card? Did you want the extra points?

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep I wanted the bonus points, and I seem to have way to many American Express branded cards, so I wanted a good Visa card other than the Chase..

Message 3 of 8
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Cool beans and congrats on the card! Do you like the AMEX HHonors card? I'm thinking about getting that down the road but I'm not really sure about the hotel room redemption.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! The AMEX one is great, it was my first true AMEX. You can earn extra points on gas and supermarkets as well as using at Hilton properties. The redemption is pretty good, you can choose from rooms or other gift cards or merchandise. It started out at $2k in Jan of 2011, and I've requested CLI's to $10,500 so far. Also got the APR lowered to 12.24. Very nice card.

Message 5 of 8
gallifrey
Valued Member

Were the clis hp or sp?
Message 6 of 8
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

Nice addition. That is on my list for a year from now. I just apped for the Hyatt card for 2 free nights and no foreign transaction fees/chip and sig. I spend more time in Hilton properties though. I need all these new cards to age first. Probably my next card though!

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, somehow they can't unlock my actual account....

SP's...

Hyatt is a great choice, I just don't end up staying there too often.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.