Regular Contributor
Johnny_Favorite

Citi Hates Me.. Amex and Discover love me

So after getting denied for Citi Dividend and Sears I thought what the hell I'll give Discover It a whirl and got 2000 limit.

Then I figured I'm not apping anymore so I might as well go for broke. I was considering the green card but figured dude just try for the Gold Delta and if you don't get it who cares?

So I did.

After a 30 minute phone call with Subhash telling me he has to validate my address by calling a phone number associated with my address and my wife and I having to go back and forth as she wasn't here... I was approved.

1000 limit to start. Ho hum what a crappy limit but it's a start. My only fear is that some outdated collection drops on my report and causes Amex to close it in 3 months. But oh well I'll worry about that when and if it happens.

Regular Contributor
Johnny_Favorite

Re: Citi Hates Me.. Amex and Discover love me

Also important to note I got approved for Discover with a whopping 9 iniquiries and Amex with 10 in the past 5 months. I'm not sure why they'd approve me with such a short and risky profile but they did.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}