Frequent Contributor
LisaJ

Citi Help

I am sorry to ask this question again, but I didn't get any responses on my last thread. I think it may have been too wordy. I will strive for brevity this time.  :smileyhappy:

I keep getting the "preselected" Citi Simplicity apps.  I know this is not a guarantee.  I am attracted to the BT, as I have about $1800 across a couple of cards that I would like to move.

I got a CLI from Chase Freedom last week, but it was on a recon.  I also got approved for a CSP, but also on a recon.  Because of that, I know I have two baddies (a tax lien that has been satisfied by the actual responsible party!) and a 30 day late that HSBC refuses to remove, despite them acknowledging that it wasn't a deliberate late (but not in writing, of course).  Chase reviewed manually.  I have heard that Citi will not do this.

BUT I actually have a good relationship with Citi; my Home Depot card is underwritten by them and I have gotten several auto CLIs.  My limit is $7200 and I am using very little of that.

Any success stories out there?  I am about to go into the garden; this is my first app spree, if you can even call it that, in 2 years.  I want to app now if I am going to to keep it all in the same time frame, but I am really scared.  Any positive stories or words of caution would help. I am particularly interested in those who got Citi with a couple of baddies.

I am at a MyFico EQ 689, Credit Sesame Experian 724, and a My Fico TU 698 (CK Fako 705). Household income is $110k; personal income is a little more than half of that.

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+