cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Hilton HHonors Signature - Rejected?!

tag
JCAD42885
Established Member

Citi Hilton HHonors Signature - Rejected?!

Hi!

My wife applied last week for a Hilton HHonors Signature Visa, and was surprised to learn via email today that she was declined. Her FICO scores are in the low-mid 700s, and she's had consistent credit reporting since she was 18 (she's 24 now). She has a variety of different accounts, and no credit card balances - but she uses her cards regularly.

In their rejection e-mail, Citi claimed that "The consumer reporting agency serving your area has reported only a limited credit history for you." However, I was under the impression that 5-6 years of credit reporting would be more than adequate to receive a card like this. My wife has never been rejected for an account before, and so she's a little disappointed.

Is this typical for Citi? Should we contact them and make an issue out of this? Or am I wrong; was this a legitimate decline? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Hilton HHonors Signature - Rejected?!

I'd certainly call the backdoor number and ask for a recon.  (There is a thread listing backdoor numbers.)
Message 2 of 6
tralyn05
Valued Member

I would recon this one.... I was approved with 663 eq and 1 --3yr old collection...I applied for the CITI HH Platinum b/c if you didn't get the platinum you would be considered for the Gold...I ended up with the Gold CITI Hilton Honors with 5000cl....my AAoA is 3 years....this was in November 08

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i only have ~1.5 yrs history + few old au and 787 fico and cant get a citi card for life of me due to insuficient credit history
Message 4 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Citi is definitely one of the more conservative credit card banks.

Too bad they weren't so conservative in some of their other financial endeavors...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never noticed the income part.

To receive a Signature card, you must have an annual income of at least $35000, and you must meet our applicable criteria bearing on creditworthiness for the Signature card. Otherwise, you may receive a Gold card, provided you meet our applicable criteria bearing on creditworthiness for the Gold card. The Gold card does not have as many benefits as the Signature card. Your credit line (Gold card) or revolving credit line (Signature card) will be determined by your yearly income and a review of your credit report. You will be informed of the amount of your credit line (Gold card) or revolving credit line (Signature card) when you receive your credit card. Some lines may be as low as $500. Please note that cash advances may be limited to a portion of your credit line (Gold card) or revolving credit line (Signature card).

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.